Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Man can't live on signed rookies alone, eat more chicken :)

It's Saturday night so a little off topic fun never hurt anyone. At least not too bad. Just thought I'd share a recent eating experience. I love watching Man vs. Food on DTV, so in the spirit of the upcoming new season, I decided to embark on the Blazin' Challenge at the local Buffalo Wild Wings. 12 of their hottest wings, in 6 minutes, with nothing else to eat or drink. All in a quest to get my picture on their Wall of Flame, and a free T-Shirt image

Here I am with a pre-challenge smile, full of bravado (and a premeal coating of Maalox)

The challenge arrives, and the waitiress asks if I'm ready, I was born ready so it's time to get down to business

Not quite feeling the fire yet, but can tell it's beginning to heat up

Beginning to wonder what I've gotten myself into

I announce to my table of co-workers that "this is stupid" and the lady beside me delights in my misery

I'm full fledged on fire, eyes watering, nose running, lips burning, it's awesome

As soon as I defeat the challenge, I break out a post-challenge smile of victory

Nothing like some ice cream, to take the sting out of your lips and body

Overall, a decent challenge. The hardest part for me was not the heat, but trying to get the wings down in 6 minutes, as I was taking my time and would give commentary after every wing. Great way to spend a lunch with a bunch of my friends from the courthouse.

Watch out Adam (Man vs. Food), I'm going to take your job.
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I love that show. Congrats on completing the Blazin' Challenge. I will warn you though...they hurt just as bad on the way out.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    The show is very entertaining but some challenges are hard to watch...

Like the giant stack of jumbo pancakes with whole stick of butter....

Anyway

Congrats on winning the challenge Mike!
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Whatever you do, don't ever try the drink a gallon of milk in an hour "challenge"
  • Options
    Cokin75Cokin75 Posts: 243 ✭✭
    I speak from experience, if you wear contact lenses, absolutely scrub your hands for about 10 minutes before you take them out. That blazing sauce is like battery acid.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Whatever you do, don't ever try the drink a gallon of milk in an hour "challenge" >>

Sounds interesting...

Here is someone else drinking a gallon of milk in an hour
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    I just watched all of Sseaon 1 of Man Vs. Food last night.

Congrats Mike, I know I would never try that!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need some Pepto-Bismol after just reading your post and seeing your pictures!!!!!image

You are a far better man than I am!!!! I can't eat even the "mild" wings without my stomach calling for a cease-fire!!!!! image

Oh, and daddymc's comment about when they "come out".....very true!!! If you think they were hot going in!!!!! imageimage

Steve
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Cool thread Mike.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    nice job on those wings.

Be sure and wash your hands very well before using the restroom.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    When I read the title, I thought you had gotten a signed Boggs rookie...lol
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mike

Gotta give ya credit!

I'm a big fan of Man v. Food - the guy can eat an inner tube coated with wing sauce!

He was here in SA and ate a pepper I never heard of before - a 'ghost' chili - supposed to be way, way hotter than a habanero!

Thanx for the entertainment! image

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Mike way to go. I love Man vs Food and all the challenges. I have to put some pics up soon to beat yours.
    Until then I am your food nemesis, Allen.

See you in Baltimore !
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG Mike ... I also liked the MILK read. The MILK challenge reminds me of the "BEER" challenge, which is take a shot of beer every minute for one hour (without losing it! lol). Unfortunately I used to be able to drink as much beer as most anyone I knew. I thought "what could be so hard, it's only 5 beers in an hour"! Well, I learned the hard way ... and to this day (although I no longer hang out in bars that much) I have not seen anyone win the BEER CHALLENGE.

PS I too thought this thread was going to be about a Wade Boggs Rookie card auto!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Mike, You're nuts man! That hurt my gut just reading it! Congrats on pounding the Hot Wings!, Picture and T-Shirt.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    funny pics!

never choose an ice cream over a cold beer though.....
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    well done

great show
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Mike,

I hope your a** forgives you! image

PoppaJ
  • Options
    LOL Poppa you beat me too it.

some Tucks medicated pads will soothe your bunghole later.
  • Options
    POPPA .... AWESOME post!

Mike .. I think on Monday morning you may have to go to the doctor and have him take a look at yur azz ... In the next 24 hours you may think something crawled up it and died! LMAO
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I was pleasantly relieved to find out that it had little to no effect on my posterior. I think the fact that I basically eat hot sauce or spicy food every day normally, has prepped my body for hot food.

Stone, I saw that Man vs. Food from San Antonio the other night. My family and I will be in San Antonio in late October for the Notre Dame game, and we can't wait to get some of those 3.5 lb. cinnamon rolls from LuLu's that were on the show. My son wants us to try that "30 lb pizza" from Sweet Lou's (I think I remember that name right) as well. Should be a great trip as long as the Irish win!!

Mike
  • Options
    Mike ... that trip sounds like a lot of fun. Your entire family going to the ND game with you? Sounds like a lot of fun!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    You should try Quaker Steak and Lube's hottest wings. You have to sign a waiver and you get a bumper sticker if you succeed!

------

I knew I remembered reading about the milk thing here.... anyway after reading this thread a couple of weeks ago, it inspired me to try it. I got $80 from coworkers in bets that I'd fail. I drank a gallon of milk (skim) in under an hour (52 minutes) and held it indefinitely without throwing up. The last pint was really tough, and I did feel ill for about 90 minutes after wards, but after that I felt great.

My secret to success was to be pretty thirsty to start. I drank about 1/2 the gallon in the first 5 minutes and then sipped the rest over the next 50 minutes. I also ate a few bananas beforehand to make sure my potassium levels were topped off.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I won a hot sauce chugging contest for charity in college. No worse than chugging bourbon.

I ended up chugging just over 64 ounces of various hot sauces and Tony's Creole Seasoning mixed together in around 40 seconds. I stopped when I figured no one could catch up. The runner up chugged 21 ounces...I went overboard. It sucked coming out.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I like how you didn't wipe your face at all till you were done. That's a sign of a real man....congrats!image

Btw, I love all things spicy hot, that would have been fun!
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, I got a great laugh out of this thread. Congrats on getting your name on the wall of fame.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON