Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cal Ripken Jr. - Mail-In Private Signing - Ironclad Authentics

Ironclad Authentics is hosting a private signing with Cal Ripken Jr. where you have the opportunity to mail in your item and have it signed.

Not sure what to think about this. I need a certain item signed by him, and I wish this wasn't my only option to get it. I want to get his 1988 Topps cards signed, so I can put it with my other 1988 Topps Ripken Autos:

I'm wrestling with myself right now. Part of me thinks $130 to have a card signed is WAY too much, but if I saw this signed card at a shop listed for $130, I wouldn't think twice about it. Oh well... screw it. I'm doing it!!

Comments

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Whoa!! That's some coin for a sig!!

I found a 87 Topps Cal Jr. signed card not too long ago in a monster box with some other autos.

Maybe my only 87 Topps baseball card that isn't completely worthless? image
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I would send him 2 88 topps cards. Maybe he will sign both of them. If he only signs one you are not really out anything.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Not many players' autos I'd pay $130 for, but I coughed it up for Ripken a couple years back for my '06 A&G set. I'd say it was worth it. It's one of my favorite pieces... And you gotta complete that trio.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge auto collector. I only have one auto'd Cal ball, and I have his 1992 Donruss Elite auto, but that's it.

This all started when I sent in the Bill Ripken TTM when I was a kid in 1989. Then I picked the Cal Sr. up on ebay several months ago. That's when I decided I need to make this a priority to get Cal Jr.'s 1988 Topps card signed. Once I get that, I'll send all three into PSA to get slabbed authentic, and have them framed for my wall. I think it'll make a great looking piece, and I think it's worth the cash. I just hope he signs it the same as the others, in black sharpie and with a slight tilt like the other two. I was planning on sending a pic of the other two cards, so he understands.
  • Options
    For $130 I will send you a Steiner certified OML baseball signed by Ripken and write 1988 Topps on the side for you.
  • Options
    DEAL!!! image
  • Options
    Ripken is doing a show in Houston in the summer. Just make that trip, at least you'll be there to meet him for the extra $$$. I'm going for sure!
    Le Mieux Collection
    #19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
    #41 All Time 3000 Strikeouts Club
    #25 Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps
    #4 Greg Maddux Basic Topps
    #7 Ryne Sandberg Basic Topps
    #1 Fank Thomas Rookies 100%
    #1 Chipper Jones Rookies 100%
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that you can find a certified 1988 Cal Ripken Topps autographed card for less than $130-.

May take some time -- but it will pop up, and for less than that.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Maybe I should mail a card to cyots82 and ask him to get it signed for me! image
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    how long have you been watching eBay for one?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Not very often, just a few times. I figured it was a futile search. I mean who gets a 1988 Topps card signed?
  • Options

<< <i>Not very often, just a few times. I figured it was a futile search. I mean who gets a 1988 Topps card signed? >>

Possibly the thousands of people that Ripken signed for at Memorial Park and Oriole Park.

With the possibility of saving ~$130, it sure doesn't seem futile to me.

My suggestion would be to set up an email alert for that card, and wait another year or so. He does these signings 1-2 a year, at least.

Commissions

• Options
    DUDE!!! DUDE!!! THANK YOU!!! Since you said something, I figured what the heck and did a search... BUY IT NOW for under $40 shipped!!!

I think I just peed myself... be right back! image
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>DUDE!!! DUDE!!! THANK YOU!!! Since you said something, I figured what the heck and did a search... BUY IT NOW for under $40 shipped!!!

I think I just peed myself... be right back! image >>

Sweet, I see you must have bought it.

brian
  • Options
    Yep, I just about broke my finger hitting the BIN button. Then I realized I was actually hitting the screen instead of the mouse.

Should I send that in to PSA still in the slab? Should help my chances with authenticity.
  • Options
    Glad I could help. Congrats.

Commissions