Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is There An Equivalent Indictor To PSA's Frosted Case For BGS/SGC Cases?

I'm sure we all know about the "frosted" case indicator for PSA graded cards, e.g., there is a distinct possibility that the case/card may have been tampered with.

But how about SGC and BGS cases? Are there any such indicators for SGC and BGS cases? Or have the unscrupulous simply determined that PSA cards are the easiest (and perhaps most profitable) to tamper with?

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I have seen many SGC holders that I thought might have tampered with. Same issue as PSA with the frosting.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I've seen "frosted" SGC cases as well that have made me not go after the card holdered.

BGS doesn't seem to have the problem with their graded cards, but I would stay away from any "Raw Card Review" card being sold, as there have been many cases of cards having been swapped out of the card saver.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    SGC cases are easy to open below is a picture of a slab I opened up and put a different card in for reference.. I opened the slab with bare hands no tools needed..

BGS slabs are the only ones that can't be opened without destroying them..

• Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    dizzle,

Wow! That's awesome.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>SGC cases are easy to open below is a picture of a slab I opened up and put a different card in for reference.. I opened the slab with bare hands no tools needed..

BGS slabs are the only ones that can't be opened without destroying them.. >>

Dustin, that was aweful nice of that bear to let you use his hands image

Exactly right btw. I have never seen a BGS slab that was not destroyed when cracked open.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    no talking matt, you passed outimage