Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Howards Sports buying vintage sets,singles

Howards Sports is looking to buy vintage cards in any sports and non sports. Complete set, single raw or graded. Please Call 419 943 2612 and ask for mark or diane. Or email MJKuhlman@hotmail.com
Mark Kuhlman

Comments

• Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019 9:07PM
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    sounds like a winner
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭

<< <i>I remember these people from years of SCD advertisements. I can not recall (it has been 15+ years) but these are very likely the same people that received my cards (sets), told me they were VG+ - EX when they were closer to NM+ and I had to demand them shipped back to me (versus MUCH lower buy prices). This pissed me off because one never knows if cards could have been switched and they were cherry. A good learning experience for me! My suggestion is; if you send cards, make sure they are all graded or scanned first. >>

Same thing happened to me. They'd advertise what they were buying and how much they were paying, but once they receive your cards, they'll send you a check for half of what you were suppose to get, claiming the condition of the cards were subpar. I'm sure many just accepted their revised buy prices rather than send the measley check back and have them send the cards back to you. Talk about shady.

Thank God for the internet and Ebay because collectors no longer have to put up with this BS.

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    Wow! not exactly a ringing endorsement!

sounds like Mrs mint.....
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto the experience everyone else had. I sold them some sets and they claimed they were all damaged and send me half the payment.

Do not sell to them, they are shady IMHO.
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...

Another public service announcement just turned to shit and the hogs ate it!

Mike
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    while I have never had the experience of dealing with Howard's...most people will just take the $$ in hand rather than take the time to send the $$ back. Well, what do you say to these comments Mr. Kuhlman??
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    That's a deep thought, Mike
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Re: Same thing happened to me. They'd advertise what they were buying and how much they were paying, but once they receive your cards, they'll send you a check for half of what you were suppose to get, claiming the condition of the cards were subpar. I'm sure many just accepted their revised buy prices rather than send the measley check back and have them send the cards back to you. Talk about shady.

Well, people had better beware because this guy is all over the message board with this buying spam. In addition to that, they've been selling a lot of vintage graded cards on Ebay. Probably what they're doing is claiming the cards you send in to be VG-EX, then turning around and flipping them as PSA 7's. FWIW, when I lived in Ohio I was aware of their less than stellar reputation and steered totally clear from them. Draw your own conclusions but be smart.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW...

I hope no one confuses this name with Chris aka "Kuhlmann" from the boards.

He spells it with 2 "n's" - no hype.

He used to have a store and a great guy - he was my Heritage connection.

Merry Christmas
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I made that mistake when this thread first started. I checked my old PMs and saw that I dealt with Chris not Mark.

Chris is a good dude, and we made a few Heritage deals.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    Is this the same company that advertises in SCD? I seem to recall a Howard's advertising to buy in SCD. This same company, within the last couple of years, posted their buy prices in SCD. I remember one example was like $1,500.00 for a NM-MT 1971 Topps baseball set. If anyone has truly NM-MT raw 1971 Topps baseball sets lying around to sell for $1,500.00, I will buy those all day long. You could just pull 8s on a few of the bigs cards and recoup your investment.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Where is the SPAM Police?? This thread belongs in the crapper.........errrrr I mean the BST forum.

Steve

I agree this has nothing to do with OUR Kuhlman.

Good for you.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I am impressed with how the message board polices itself. Just think, years ago the sellers were at the mercy of clowns like Howard.
    Mike
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I bought from these guys early last year on ebay , paid instantly, then was emailed later and was told there was a mistake in the listing and that if I'll still wanted the item,I'd have to pony up. I reminded them that what they offered was a binding agreement and also showed them that this was not the 1st time that this had occured based on their feedback. They sent the item and I never looked their way again. GOOD LUCK
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    I bet these clowns NEVER paid the actual price they advertised they were buying at. Why should they when all they had to do was lowball the sellers?

What's their ebay handle by the way?

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    They go by the name of Howardsdirect on ebay. They mainly deal with coins but also have alot of cards there as well. The coin that I had won was very nice and it was sent quick, but... Last Message
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell