Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1968 Topps Baseball Series 1 & 2 Uncut Sheet

Is there any collectors here who have pictures of either Series 1 or Series 2 Uncut Sheet. If you do could you please post pictures. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    any help out there?
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    I have both, will post later in the week when I tell work to %#$@&* off LOL

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    1st series left half, 55 cards, 2 rows were printed 3 times (55+55+22=132)

• Options
    1st series 55 card right half, as you can see from the 2 pictures the Kaat CL is a DP before filling out the sheet, in color 2nd pic but missing far left column

• Options
    There are some fascinating cards on those sheets. The first sheet has an unissued proof card of Bob Gibson where Gibson tried to fool the photographer by throwing left handed, Topps caught it and released a different photo on the 1968 Gibson card. The third sheet has a Ed Brinkman with the yellow team, but as far as I know every 1968 Topps cards of Brinkman was only printed with the white team, the 1968 Milton Bradley Win-A-Card version was the only way that the Brinkman was printed with a yellow team. There is also an unissued Tom Seaver proof card that shows him trying to fool the photographer by throwing left handed, it's on the first sheet. The circle in the lower right corner on the Chuck Hartenstein card is dark green rather than the issued orange. It's not easy to tell, but but the position is missing on the Julio Gotay card on the bottom of the first sheet.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not at all surprised to see the Cardenal located in the bottom right corner of the sheet. That's a tough card to find in high grade. Well, tough from a 1968 perspective.
  • Options

<< <i>1st series left half, 55 cards, 2 rows were printed 3 times (55+55+22=132)

image >>

Thank You
  • Options
    WOW that is great, especially the Seaver and Gibson.

You are a real pro for sharing this unique piece.
    In the USA all men are created equal but some are more equal than others....
  • Options
    Sorry to sound "greedy" but does anybody have a picture of the 1970 Danny Cater as an Oakland A as opposed to the Yankees.

Thanks.
    In the USA all men are created equal but some are more equal than others....
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Is that the Seaver in the second row second from the left?
  • Options

<< <i>Is that the Seaver in the second row second from the left? >>

Sure looks like it.

It has the Topps All Star Rookie trophy.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a higher resolution of the '68 uncut sheet? I hadn't seen the alt version of the Seaver and Gibson before. Thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone have a higher resolution of the '68 uncut sheet? I hadn't seen the alt version of the Seaver and Gibson before. Thanks! >>

John a nice picture of the Gibson can be seen here"

68 gibson error

• Options

<< <i>Sorry to sound "greedy" but does anybody have a picture of the 1970 Danny Cater as an Oakland A as opposed to the Yankees.

Thanks. >>

Dont remember if it's on here or not but it does show Phil Roof as an A

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone have a higher resolution of the '68 uncut sheet? I hadn't seen the alt version of the Seaver and Gibson before. Thanks! >>

John a nice picture of the Gibson can be seen here"

68 gibson error >>

Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks for the pictures of the Series 1 sheets, but do also have the sheets from Series 2?
  • Options
    somewhere, have to find first

• Options
    one half, the other half would have rows 5-8 as rows 1-4 and 9-12 and the top or bottom 4 rows as the middle 4

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is that the Seaver in the second row second from the left? >>

Sure looks like it.

It has the Topps All Star Rookie trophy. >>

since when was Tom Terriffic a lefty?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>one half, the other half would have rows 5-8 as rows 1-4 and 9-12 and the top or bottom 4 rows as the middle 4

image >>

Thank You, so much.

Have a Merry Christmas
  • Options
    After seeing scans of both sheets, it can now be seen how the 1968 baseball cards were chosen for the seventy six different cards in the 1969 Milton Bradley Win-A-Card Board Game set, where the cards have bright yellow backs rather than the regular gold backs . There were seven horizontal rows of eleven cards chosen out of those two sheets which total seventy seven cards, but the #107 Juan Marichal Checklist was on two of those rows so it was double printed for the Win-A-Card set, hence the seventy six different baseball cards in the game set. With these seven rows of baseball cards along with the three rows of 1967 Topps Football and two rows of 1965 Topps Hot Rod Cars, 77 + 33 + 22, this would comprise a full 132 card sheet. The seven rows chosen for the set were: Mets Rookies-Cimino, Belanger-Wills, Marichal Checklist-Oliva, Colavito-NL ERA Leaders, Mathews-Davidson, Marichal Checklist-Carew, Merritt-Pizarro.
  • Options

<< <i>After seeing scans of both sheets, it can now be seen how the 1968 baseball cards were chosen for the seventy six different cards in the 1969 Milton Bradley Win-A-Card Board Game set, where the cards have bright yellow backs rather than the regular gold backs . There were seven horizontal rows of eleven cards chosen out of those two sheets which total seventy seven cards, but the #107 Juan Marichal Checklist was on two of those rows so it was double printed for the Win-A-Card set, hence the seventy six different baseball cards in the game set. With these seven rows of baseball cards along with the three rows of 1967 Topps Football and two rows of 1965 Topps Hot Rod Cars, 77 + 33 + 22, this would comprise a full 132 card sheet. The seven rows chosen for the set were: Mets Rookies-Cimino, Belanger-Wills, Marichal Checklist-Oliva, Colavito-NL ERA Leaders, Mathews-Davidson, Marichal Checklist-Carew, Merritt-Pizarro. >>

Are there any other collectors on this board who collect this issue? I'd love to hear from you and your thoughts on this set.
  • Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigRed7 said:
    << 1st series left half, 55 cards, 2 rows were printed 3 times (55+55+22=132)

>

Thank You

do you know who the 2 players below Mantle and Price are ?

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was not aware of the Seaver or Gibson. Those are amazing!!!!

For some reason I do not see a picture of the Gibson when I click on the SCD article listed above.