Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What kind of card saver do you use for Turkey Reds?

I have some Perez Steele signed cards...the ones that look like old Turkey Reds......I don't see card savers that large. What kind of protection do you use to send them in? Any help is appreciated......

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    the large card saver II, the semi-rigid type. never had an issue
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Card saver II's are for normal small cards....these are actually large cards (think about the old T3's)...5 3/4" X 8".......
    I will also ask on Net 54....maybe the guys over there are more familiar with the older stuff than the guys over here...

Besides...I know better than to take advice from the village idiot.
  • Options
    The 6x9 looks like it might be too tight of a fit for the Turkey Reds...I know the Turkey Reds are slightly smaller, but wouldn't you want more than a 1/8" of room per side?
  • Options
    tbh if its too tight wouldn't massive amounts of cardboard taped together do?
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I too am interested in this as I have a 5 1/2" X 8" item I would like slabbed.
  • Options
    I don't know Sean. PSA is pretty picky. They want everything in a Card Saver, but if a card saver isn't available in a size that big, then they want a Top Loader. I did a little bit of research, and I believe an 8X10 toploader will do the trick.

Mullins.....I think 8X10 toploaders is what we want, but they are obviously cheaper if we buy them in bulk.....you interested?
  • Options
    I ended up getting 6x9's......if anyone else wants any, I can get some out....
  • Options

<< <i>Card saver II's are for normal small cards....these are actually large cards (think about the old T3's)...5 3/4" X 8".......
    I will also ask on Net 54....maybe the guys over there are more familiar with the older stuff than the guys over here...

Besides...I know better than to take advice from the village idiot. >>

1 1 17140009 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 8 FRED CLARKE CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    2 1 17140010 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 17 CLARK GRIFFITH CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    3 1 17140011 N9: NOT GRADED 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 19 ADDIE JOSS CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    4 1 17140012 GOOD 2 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 19 ADDIE JOSS CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    5 1 17140013 N0: AUTHENTIC 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 47 FRANK CHANCE CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    6 1 17140014 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT+ 4.5 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 122 FRED TENNEY CHECKLIST BACK-N.Y. Card US
    7 1 17140015 FAIR 1.5 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 124 BOBBY WALLACE CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    8 1 17140016 N0: AUTHENTIC 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 126 OWEN WILSON CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    9 1 17140017 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 55 JAMES JEFFRIES CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    10 1 17140018 GOOD 2 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 58 PACKEY McFARLAND CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    11 1 17140019 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 60 OWEN MORAN CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    12 1 17140020 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 69 LEACH CROSS CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    13 1 17140021 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 73 AL KAUFMAN CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    14 1 17140022 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 76 JACK JOHNSON CHECKLIST BACK Card US

semi rigid 6X9, LIKE the card saver 2

by the way I have graded close to 200 t3's and t9's ya Jackwagon

Last time I help you
  • Options
    Yea....and if you fit any of the Turkey Reds in a Card Saver II, I will gladly apologize and leave the boards forever.....since that isn't going to happen, quit being a smartass and hijacking my thread!
  • Options

<< <i>semi rigid 6X9, LIKE the card saver 2 >>

You never said that the first time. You were trying to be a smart***! They don't make Card Savers that big. They are top loaders. I don't mind helping people....you just like to seem to start trouble and stir things up.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>semi rigid 6X9, LIKE the card saver 2 >>

you just like to seem to start trouble and stir things up. >>

Pot meet kettle
  • Options
    I wouldn't call you telling me to stick a Turkey Red in a Card Saver II as being helpful at all. I see that as you belittling me.....
  • Options
    They tell you not to send stuff in top loaders because they think if someone ships something in a rigid top loader without a soft sleeve that the item can move around in the top loader during shipment, and that the corners/edges can get damages, or the surface can get lightly scratched by the plastic.

Anything too big to fit in a card saver IV should go in a 6x9, 8x10, or 8.5x11 rigid top loader. They will be happy to take your donation, trust me. That Cone/Girardi/Berra/Larsen Perfect Game ticket I posted about a few weeks ago was sent in a 3x7 rigid top loader with no soft sleeve, and there were no problems. I also submitted 15 various tickets for grading at a show recently, 13 of them in 3x7 top loaders, and there were no problems. The other two stubs were small enough to fit into card saver IIs, so I used those. These were my 15 freebies for becoming a club member.

Again, they just don't want the liability of getting blamed for items getting damaged, but they will still use reasonable care to extract the item from its holder in the vast majority of situations, even if you don't follow their requested protocol. Unless you do something egregious (like sending in a 75-pt. thick relic card in a standard 35-pt. 3x4 top loader with no soft sleeve) I seriously doubt they will reject your submission. Worst case scenario, they can usually cut the holder around the card or photo and get it out that way. It's a business to them, and a big one at that. They want the grading fee, even if they mutter under their breath and complain about customers who don't know how to follow instructions.
  • Options
    Hey there! Qucik question...I didn't think you could submit tickets under the free grading submissions. I thought they had to be cards only. The reason I ask, is that I have a couple of Super Bowl XII tickets I want to submit, but I can't bring myself to pay $30 each to get them graded......
  • Options
    Didn't see you posted here, so I answered your PM first. For everybody else, this is what it said.

Not sure..... I don't think any tickets that are ineligible for the 1980-present modern special can be submitted as collector's club freebies.

I think it was done in conjunction with the special. The way it came about was that I had been sitting at the table, filling out forms for a few minutes, and I mentioned that I had some cards to sub, but that I was planning to piggy-back on someone else's submission. One of the customer service girls asked why, and I told her because I'm cheap. Then she mentioned that I could use the 15 free submissions for tickets, so that changed everything. They would have been $10 each under the special, so even if I'd found someone to piggy-back, it still would have cost $150. Membership was $189, so I figured what the hell. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm not sure if tickets are typically accepted under the 15 free subs. I don't think they are. I had a 1976 ALCS Game 5 ticket (Chambliss game) that they said would not be eligible and would cost $30, so again, I think it was done in conjunction with the monthly $10 special.

If they ever do a special on 1970s tickets, I'll want to sub that Chambliss stub. I also have a pair of 1998 signed tickets to sub, but I'm not spending $35 each on freakin' Shane Spencer. Those are from his 5-for-5 career best game.
  • Options

<< <i>Card saver II's are for normal small cards....these are actually large cards (think about the old T3's)...5 3/4" X 8".......

I understood what RipublicaninMass was saying by his post. I'm sure he's well aware you can't fit a Perez Steele in a CS 2.

As for the villiage idiot, I think you're talking about yourself. You know the dimensions of the P.S. so all you have to do is find the size slightly larger than it.

image for posting a stupid question like this
  • Options

<< <i>for posting a stupid question like this >>

no such thing...I try to help everyone....all I ever get on here is attacked by some members. I wish all the trolls would just crawl back under a rock (csmtampa included)......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>for posting a stupid question like this >>

no such thing...I try to help everyone....all I ever get on here is attacked by some members. I wish all the trolls would just crawl back under a rock (present poster included)...... >>

Do you mean previous poster included, or are you referring to yourself?

Bob
    Not an alt, just a lurker

Looking for Bob Uecker cards

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    I am referring to Tampa...Im not a troll.....I have also never attacked someone.....I have had to defend myself numerous times and have attacked my attackers.....this board is too much like a drama soap opera.....it gives the hobby a bad name..... You don't have all this nonsense on Net 54.....

Some board members PM me to get VCP average prices on cards....I have never balked at helping someone, and go out of my way to help people. Other board members wouldn't help anyone if you paid them too!
  • Options

<< <i>I am referring to Tampa...Im not a troll.....I have also never attacked someone.....I have had to defend myself numerous times and have attacked my attackers.....this board is too much like a drama soap opera.....it gives the hobby a bad name..... You don't have all this nonsense on Net 54... >>

Really? This is what you feel gives the hobby a bad name? Really?
  • Options
    ...Opps...Did I strike a nerve???/

Oh boy....He is gonna buy some Card Saver II's for his really big cards!! I would LOVEEEE to see his face when he tries to cram his really big card in one of these puppies!!!! How clever am I???????

Juvenile if you ask me.......then he tried to cover his butt when I called him out on it........
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>I am referring to Tampa...Im not a troll.....I have also never attacked someone.....I have had to defend myself numerous times and have attacked my attackers.....this board is too much like a drama soap opera.....it gives the hobby a bad name..... You don't have all this nonsense on Net 54.....

Some board members PM me to get VCP average prices on cards....I have never balked at helping someone, and go out of my way to help people. Other board members wouldn't help anyone if you paid them too! >>

Rhetorical questions get stupid answers.

You already knew the size of the card, therefore you should have been able to answer your question on your own.

I personally don't like the oversized card savers, so I store all of my Perez Steeles in 6x9 top loaders.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    For oversized and thick patch cards I have always sent them in top loaders. I don't think PSA has a problem with them as long as they can easily remove the card.
  • Options
    I have never seen a poster which such insecurity issues. Honestly, the whole world isnt out to get you. When you said "card saver" I would have thought you were talking about a card saver I, (floppy) but the appropriate size(since a card saver should be card size, not post-card size). When I responded card saver II (semi-rigid) I would just ASSume you would figure it would be the appropriate size. I certainly wasnt trying to "cover my butt". In what dimension would I care if you thought I was farking with you or not? I was trying to reiterate the point already beat to death by the rest of the community that the world simply isnt out to get Bobbyw...you are not that important. A daily ribbing is great since it bothers you so much, in addition if you didnt care, we wouldn't keep doing. I digress, so yes "something similar to but not necessarily including" a card saver II, "in so far as the appropriate size of width and dimension to accommodate your cards".

Ya know, I had you pegged for a genius, but a genius would have called PSA and asked to submit a few of these under last months special...and could have asked about a card saver. This seems like nothing more than a failed attempt to promote yourself, and show some cards, thanks for the entertainment.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

1 1 17140009 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 8 FRED CLARKE CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    2 1 17140010 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 17 CLARK GRIFFITH CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    3 1 17140011 N9: NOT GRADED 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 19 ADDIE JOSS CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    4 1 17140012 GOOD 2 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 19 ADDIE JOSS CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    5 1 17140013 N0: AUTHENTIC 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 47 FRANK CHANCE CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    6 1 17140014 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT+ 4.5 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 122 FRED TENNEY CHECKLIST BACK-N.Y. Card US
    7 1 17140015 FAIR 1.5 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 124 BOBBY WALLACE CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    8 1 17140016 N0: AUTHENTIC 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 126 OWEN WILSON CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    9 1 17140017 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 55 JAMES JEFFRIES CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    10 1 17140018 GOOD 2 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 58 PACKEY McFARLAND CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    11 1 17140019 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 60 OWEN MORAN CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    12 1 17140020 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 69 LEACH CROSS CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    13 1 17140021 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 73 AL KAUFMAN CHECKLIST BACK Card US
    14 1 17140022 POOR 1 1911 TURKEY RED CABINETS T3 & T9 76 JACK JOHNSON CHECKLIST BACK Card US

semi rigid 6X9, LIKE the card saver 2

by the way I have graded close to 200 t3's and t9's ya Jackwagon

Last time I help you >>

Does anyone know of a source for semi-rigid 6x9's? I can find toploaders in this size, but not semi-rigids.