Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Dino-Lite camera for sale

I have had a Dino-Lite camera for a number of years and can't get the software to make it work. It will work for about 30 seconds and then shut down. If you are good with computers you can make this work. I can't.

Let's negotiate. I paid hundreds for this thing and will sell it for a big over the shipping charges. Send me a PM.
Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Comments

• Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    I had the same thing happen to me, spent an hour with the tech and he determined
    it was a bad cord not the software and I could ship it back and they would fix it for $95 or
    they could sell me a used one for $115.00
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software? Are you using the most up to date software? Is your OS up to date?

PM me some screen shots, your operating system, etc., and I will see if I can help you troubleshoot it.
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you have the most up to date software and drivers installed. Try a clean installation.

http://www.dinolite.us/downloads/
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've found that many Microsoft updates leave the thing unable to run. I've tried re-stalling the software, and I get back messages that it will mess up the other software on my computer. We spend a lot of money to keep our computers virus free and running well. If I were mess up my machine because of this camera, my wife would be none too happy.

I've given up on this thing as a lost cause. I would not advise anyone to buy one.

If anyone wants to buy it cheap, let me know. It will be a "no returns" transaction, however. You can contact Dinolite for software, and they will respond. I just don't want to mess with it any more.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent you a PM.
    Thanks

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to buy one now you have me thinking?

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have windows 10 it may be driver problem.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN