Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

King James I Rose-Ryals Are Large, Majestic, Historical & Cool

A high grade King James I Rose-Ryal, reportedly with Montugu and Watters pedigrees, will be auctioned in London on Sept. 30th. As this one is 'in the news,' I wrote about the importance of Rose-Ryals overall and reflected upon other high grade examples of the latter type that have been auctioned during the last ten years.

IMO, the King James I 30 Shilling (S-2613) gold coins that were minted before 1619 are of a design that type that is much different from the King James I Rose-Ryals (S-2632 and S-2633) of the 1619-25 period. I argue that coins of the earlier type are really Gold Sovereigns, more so Rose-Ryals. Those of the 1619-25 constitute a new type and are properly called Rose-Ryals. They are all cool and historically important.

Rose-Ryals, 30 Shilling Gold Coins of King James I

Rare & Historically Important English Gold Sovereigns of King Henry VII

"In order to understand the scarce coins that you own or see, you must learn about coins that you cannot afford." -Me

Comments

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask James Ricks.......
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Dear friend Analyst, I believe you have used the "https" by mistake.

Here is the second link in your OP as it should be: http://www.coinweek.com/featur...reigns-king-henry-vii/
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreamcoin.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AnalystAnalyst Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

Lochness: Dear friend Analyst, I believe you have used the "https" by mistake.

Thank you, the link did not work. I should have tested it. What did you think of the articles?

BidAsk: Ask James Ricks...

I have a great deal of respect for James Ricks. I have quoted him in past articles. Nevertheless, I do not understand this post by BidAsk.

I hope that I made it clear that I have never seen the James I Rose-Ryal (S-2632) that will be offered in London on Sept. 30th and thus am not recommending for or against it. As for the Rose-Ryals that I have examined in the past, I stand by my analyses.

Insightful10@gmail.com
    "In order to understand the scarce coins that you own or see, you must learn about coins that you cannot afford." -Me
  • Options
    Analyst, have you written on this type yet?
    From the Millenia auction 2008.

• Options
    Analyst

Not taking anything away from your knowledge......

But I was sincere in my post to ask James Ricks.

I consider him an expert in anything British coinage.

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's never a good idea to put your email address in one of these posts/forums.