Neat variety / mint error.

Can you spot what it is? You get a dark side cookie if you can image

Comments

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mint mark?

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Swampboy

The mint mark?

Nope, although I see what you mean - it does look like a small upside-down V instead of an A. I think that's more due to strike characteristics.
  • dadamsdadams Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    Looks like something is going on with the 8 in the date, but I think the error is on the reverse?

It took me a long while to spot, but after perusing your 8 Reales Madness set I finally noticed all the other coins show 2 fleurs-de-lys above one at the center of the coat of arms?
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dadams did homework. Bravo, if that's the answer. I'm stumped.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy cow dadams! That's some detective work there.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adjustment marks on the reverse?
    Nicely done, Doug!!

I think I remember reading that this is the only instance in the 8 Reales series where the fleur-de-lis is upsidedown on the coat of arms.

You've earned some dark side cookies!

• dadamsdadams Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the virtual dark side cookies Roman!!

I literally looked at your coins for an hour or more and then had to finally put yours side by side with this one at HA.com before I spotted it.

That is pretty cool.

So I guess I can show the guys here the real cookie I received from you just last Friday that I'm quite pleased with:

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the plate upon which the virtual cookies rest, I can just barely see that it has a pattern of English ivy leaves beneath said cookies. We have the exact same pattern of dishes at my house!

That must say something about my destiny to be a Darksider... or... I dunno... something.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    LordM, if anyone - you definitely were destined to be a Darksider image