Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Weekend GTG! - Denmark Specidaler

Love this one in hand, feels great to the touch, great rims totally original, but barely obvious subtle contact marks on obverse open fields...lets say I had the urge to send it in to be entombed what do the masses believe it should grade?

Comments

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing and lovely reverse. I don't know the type but I would venture to say choice 58 - some marks and wear on reverse high points.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Looks nice. I don't think I've ever seen this type before. I'll take a shot in the dark at 64.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS58 or AU64, take your pick...

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    For the record, I have no clue and probably way undershot. Numbers aside, coin is really nice!
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS64 by an American TPG

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, though, GTG posts will be easier to handle if the images were smaller (I like to use 500x500px per side). Too big and you get to see micro-problems that shouldn't factor into a coin's grade that much. Even someone as gorgeous as Charlize Theron can look bad if you look closely enough.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking coin- worthy of a 63 minimum- just curious which TPG houses this coin

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty coin. That shield has been divided and subdivided.

The photo is a little overexposed, so its hard to tell. I'm thinking PCGS 62....
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks all, I took a better look again, there is no wear on knees, looks like knobs in the scan, its not wear, it is how the camera picked up that piece of leg. otherwise perhaps a weakness here or there in strike as struck, overall this piece is fantastic has never been played with. I agree the large exposure is abit much here (EVP yup agreed, Prue..overexposed yup) - I posted below something better. The toning is subtle and special...very warm and real. The rims itself have not even ONE nick or hit on EITHER side which again would make no sense with wear on any high parts.

I would say MS63 if it was my shot at gtg..imho...as much as I love it in the nude I probably will send it in to our hosts...but I can easily see it in a 64 holder. just being non-objectiveimage

• Options
    Definitely looks much better in the smaller image.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would submit- And 64 is quite possible

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Very attractive piece and wonderful design. I would guess 63.
  • Options
    rawmorganrawmorgan Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Denmark Royal Coat of Arms: 1819 - 1903
    I had to look it up since I've always associated the "Elephant and Castle" as a British symbol and it is shown splitting the date here on the reverse.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to go ahead and guess AU 55 image

Sorry, couldnt resist. It's a lovely coin.
  • Options
    rawmorganrawmorgan Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    I will guess MS-60

Great looking coin.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to go ahead and guess AU 55image

Grrrr

Seiously I am hesitant to send this in - might wait till that "grader" gets cannedimage

Hey EVP, I missed your stamp above - I'm honored.