Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

A couple of additions

Last night Heritage weekly world auction included most of Ross Bailey's 8 Reales from his sets. Not the best timing, especially with it falling on Thanksgiving. Overall, prices were soft. A number of coins went for more than half of what he paid for them and what, in my mind, is still the current value based on sales in other auction venues. Whoever won that 1816 in AU58 could be easily called a thief.

If I were In Ross' shoes, however, I would have spent a bit more time sending quite a few of the coins back to PCGS to address a surprisingly high number of coins developing verdigris. Our host would have taken care of the problem under the warranty and the coins would have probably seen more bids. I know that personally I would have went after at least 2 other coins.

Just my 2k.

Having said all that, here are the two I ended-up winning. One is a replacement for a date I already have, but a mush better strike and color, and the other one is a coin I sold to Ross a few years back thinking I could get a better example and have regretted it ever since.

Comments