Home Precious Metals
Options

Nuugggeettt!!!

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
Two weeks ago NUGT was in the $170's, now $106 and dropping like a dress at a Rose of Tralee pageant.

Seems like there's anticipation of a hawkish Yellin' come Friday. I've been in and out of this, fortunately I was out before this recent Niagara event. Opportunity(?)

Comments

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    JNUG also. Was $316 six days ago. Now $191. I got the fever and almost pulled the trigger on both last Wednesday. I avoided, and boy am I glad. I'm usually not a gambler as I typically prefer a buy and hold dividend stocks strategy, but dodged this bullet. Had I got in and still in at this point I probably would've just rode this out.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Sell on the news"

And speaking of miners, that 2016 Liberty Medal is going to save the day, for flippers.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is now the time to buy? Edited to add I bought 10 shares of NUGT and 10 of JNUG as a flyer.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    NUGT never boring, Dropped another 10%, down 43% in the last month, but still up almost 300% for the year.

Still outperforming GDX on a relative basis for the year, 286% to 88%. Of course, for a longer perspective, the 5 yr return is -99.5%, which isn't that good.
  • Options
    NUGT is not for the faint of heart. Obviously, timing is everything with this and I think timing is a stroke of luck. As for me, I'll stick with my boring index funds. image

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• Options
    One of the quirky things about NUGT and JNUG is that they just split 10-1 and it's just a matter of time until they do the opposite and reverse split again.
    Go figure.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accumulate. . . rapidly.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: derryb
    Accumulate. . . rapidly.

Agreed
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Cakes
    Accumulate. . . rapidly.

Agreed

Done

• Options
    In
  • Options
    Jobs report out Friday 8:30 a.m.

Positive report (is there any other kind image) will increase chance of rate hike.

Last rate hike fueled gold.

Will it be different this time? Most likely not.

Conclusion: Positive jobs report Friday will have immediate, positive impact on gold. The jobs report "leaks" should start showing up on kitco price chart before the report.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, as an impartial bystander I note that NUGT went up 11% today.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    Interesting. Another (almost) 11% up.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
  • Options
    I guess I'll do you guys a big favor and not buy any NUGT. You owe me bigtime now.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: jmski52
    I guess I'll do you guys a big favor and not buy any NUGT. You owe me bigtime now.

You're a good comrade. :-)
  • Options
    Can't believe this is in the discussion after they barked about another hike.

• Options
    the move up continues.

• Options
    Gold up $27 helps.

GS predicts $1425/oz early next year, Spring (predictions, hehe). Can one imagine holding NUGT until Spring? That would be an insane ride. I don't have the stomach for that....
  • Options
    dp
  • Options
    Originally posted by: renman95
    Gold up $27 helps.

GS predicts $1425/oz early next year, Spring (predictions, hehe). Can one imagine holding NUGT until Spring? That would be an insane ride. I don't have the stomach for that....

Then buy the dips, sell at the peaks, then buy the inverse DUST, sell at the peaks, then buy the NUGT, sell at the peaks. . .

All that is required to make extraordinary profit is nominal volatility (the norm for gold) and lots of good timing. image

• Options
    Gold up $27 helps.

Then buy the dips, sell at the peaks, then buy the inverse DUST, sell at the peaks, then buy the NUGT, sell at the peaks. . .

All that is required to make extraordinary profit is nominal volatility (the norm for gold) and lots of good timing. image

Sounds easy-peasy when you put it that way. image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    predictions - schmedictions

I'm just glad jimski skipped the nugt purchase

jimski... I need a lot of help on my PM positions: can you buy a large amount of dust? image
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    FWIW, my current NUGT exit plan is at $30 GDX. . . unless things change. GDX is a good watchdog, more schmedictable. NUGT responds in step with GDX (with 3X the gains) and is less schmedictable on its own. And, of course, gold spot helps drive GDX.

correctly choose the movement of the dollar and you can correctly choose the movement of gold. This will help to correctly choose the movement of the miners as well as the price of silver.

Understanding how things affect the dollar is currently a better tool than understanding how things affect gold.

Edited to add: Stopped out at $24.50.

• Options
    I hate to pile on our good comrade jmski, but, remember a few years ago when I asked the good comrade to let us know when he intends to buy stock (actions to be used as a contrarian indicator)?

• Options
    jimski... I need a lot of help on my PM positions: can you buy a large amount of dust?

I'd help you if I could but I haven't played with leverage for a couple decades and I'm fine with buying the real stuff. My tongue-in-cheek teaser was to let you know that I do think that playing with leverage is fun but hazardous.

I hate to pile on our good comrade jmski, but, remember a few years ago when I asked the good comrade to let us know when he intends to buy stock (actions to be used as a contrarian indicator)?

Here's where I may not be helpful as a contrarian indicator - I've got me some dry powder and I plan to use it before too long. image

I don't care about the market timing. I feel the need to rescue some more dollars!image

Again, I stress that buying the real stuff doesn't really count as a contrarian indicator for paper. I do think "it's about time". There's certainly enough stuff going on to justify a few more oz's.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    so, it's back to heel clicking?

There's no place like gold?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    so, it's back to heel clicking?

There's no place like gold?

Well, we haven't had a good heel clicking for about 5 years. Maybe the time is ripe!

Gold is pretty unique in that it's a monetary play. Silver and Platinum are economic plays, but silver has a history in the monetary arena as well.

Pick your poison, I'll take some of each.

If you're really good at timing and/or analysis, go with paper but don't say I didn't warn ya.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    One of the reasons NUGT (and gold) are having a good year

"Both (central) banks are being reported to have printed close to $1 billion dollars of fiat money as of recently. This should come as no shock to anyone, as this is all Central Banks know how to do - print money.

What is more stunning, however, is where they immediately moved these funds. You guessed it right - into precious metals.

They know that the physical precious metals market is limited, tight, and scarce. They also know that if they simply printed $1 billion worth of fiat money out of thin air and moved it into physical, then they would risk blowing the market apart, sending prices potentially catapulting higher.

Since they are not yet willing to face the wrath of the other Central Bankers around the world, they did the next best thing. They bought shares in the gold mines themselves."

Look for it to continue. image

• Options
    JMSKI!!!

Did you?!

• Options
    6% ebay Bucks!
  • Options
    JMSKI!!!

Did you?!

Nope! It weren't me. I'm still thinkin 'bout it. I'm still concerned that the guv'mint gonna try to take it.

cohodk sed they weren't going to tho'. he thanks that we all them conspiratorial nuts. haha.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JMSKI!!!

Did you?!

Nope! It weren't me. I'm still thinkin 'bout it. I'm still concerned that the guv'mint gonna try to take it.

cohodk sed they weren't going to tho'. he thanks that we all them conspiratorial nuts. haha.image

Just think how much of the public debt can be paid off if 'they' nationalized our 401k's? But do 'they' really want the debt to be paid off? Methinks no. Could be the subject of D'sousa's next conspiracy movie though..."Hillary 2020 - Armadebtgeddon."
  • Options
    Just think how much of the public debt can be paid off if 'they' nationalized our 401k's? But do 'they' really want the debt to be paid off? Methinks no. Could be the subject of D'sousa's next conspiracy movie though..."Hillary 2020 - Armadebtgeddon."image

They changed the banking rules such that your bank account is technically "a loan to the bank" and not an asset owned by yourself. What's that say about the status of your 401K?

It's become Bizzarro World, and it's critical to understand just where we all stand in the scheme of things. Laws only apply to the select group of wage earners known as "taxpayers".

Debt is currency. Seems odd to me. Assets are liabilities to be taxed. Seems odd to me. Productivity is penalized. Seems odd to me.

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
    Everybody look what's going down

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Just think how much of the public debt can be paid off if 'they' nationalized our 401k's? But do 'they' really want the debt to be paid off? Methinks no. Could be the subject of D'sousa's next conspiracy movie though..."Hillary 2020 - Armadebtgeddon."image

They changed the banking rules such that your bank account is technically "a loan to the bank" and not an asset owned by yourself. What's that say about the status of your 401K?

It's become Bizzarro World, and it's critical to understand just where we all stand in the scheme of things. Laws only apply to the select group of wage earners known as "taxpayers".

Debt is currency. Seems odd to me. Assets are liabilities to be taxed. Seems odd to me. Productivity is penalized. Seems odd to me.

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
    Everybody look what's going down

This seems odd to me too to two.

Eliminate the $100, maybe even the $50 for crime sake(?) What if smoene had stacks of Benny's stashed away for a really really rainy day?
  • Options

Eliminate the $100, maybe even the $50 for crime sake(?) What if smoene had stacks of Benny's stashed away for a really really rainy day?

It's a no brainer that criminals deal in cash so let's outlaw it. But don't forget that arsonists prefer gasoline.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JMSKI!!!

Did you?!

Nope....you are just learned in the thangs "they" want you to know. Youve been a good and cooperative student thus far. Keep up the good work. image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Youve been a good and cooperative student thus far. Keep up the good work.

I'm saving my money to buy me a senator when the price comes down a bit. Damn bankers keep bidding up the price!image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm saving my money to buy me a senator when the price comes down a bit. Damn bankers keep bidding up the price!image

city councilpersons and assemblypeople might be a much better deal image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Baley

city councilpersons and assemblypeople might be a much better deal image

Along with County Executives...Almost forgot, my last one is "serving time" for taking bribes.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    GDX looking for support around 25.7.. traded here 3 times for the last week. support thru 25.40ish. Break or hold will bring some quick movement, imo.
  • Options
    Riding the roller coaster is like riding a wave.

Jumping off at the top, and climbing in at the bottom.

Timing is everything on every thing.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Keep stacking during the lows.
  • Options
    buying NUGT in anticipation of FED pushing dollar down.

• Options
    Yay team!
  • Options
    Today's headline under NUGT..."Fed Stays Put on Rate Hike but is Wary; Investors Should Be Cautious, Consider Gold." In the days before the rate decision it was virtually "gold is dead" and this just yesterday..."Gold Loses Lustre as Rate Hike Looms."

Classic.
  • Options
    buying NUGT in anticipation of FED pushing dollar down.

stopped out at $23.