Home Precious Metals
Options

JM Bullion 10oz Sunshine at spot

ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
JM Bullion is offering a 10 oz Sunshine silver bar for spot price (1 per household)

10 oz Sunshine Bar at spot!

Cheers,

Zubie
Positive BST Transactions with:
Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123

Comments

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bought one. Thanks for the information!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on today's spot...good deal.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a good deal...thanks for posting.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. Just bought one. I particularly like the velvet draw string bag that it comes in. Of course this great deal is so they can get your contact information so the can bombard you with advertising.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Originally posted by: PerryHall
    Thanks for the heads up. Just bought one. I particularly like the velvet draw string bag that it comes in. Of course this great deal is so they can get your contact information so the can bombard you with advertising.

Maybe...In my opinion, all they are doing is getting rid of the older versions, that do not have the unique security technology, including the MintMark SI mark that can only be seen using a special decoder on the bar.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you are already a customer. I don't find their few emails annoying at all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: OPA

Maybe...In my opinion, all they are doing is getting rid of the older versions, that do not have the unique security technology, including the MintMark SI mark that can only be seen using a special decoder on the bar.

The security features that you are speaking of have been around for a few years now. I'd love to get one of the older versions of their 10 oz silver bars. I only have one and I never seem to see them around.

• Options

The security features that you are speaking of have been around for a few years now. I'd love to get one of the older versions of their 10 oz silver bars. I only have one and I never seem to see them around.

I believe a lot were melted down. That was one of the more favorite bars used by the Chinese counterfeiters, which subsequently forced Sunshine Minting to come up with the counterfeit deterrent.

• Options
    The Chinese have counterfeited many 1 oz silver bars of this brand and several other major brands but I've never heard of them counterfeiting 10 oz Sunshine Mint bar.

• Options

I believe a lot were melted down. That was one of the more favorite bars used by the Chinese counterfeiters, which subsequently forced Sunshine Minting to come up with the counterfeit deterrent.
    The Chinese have counterfeited many 1 oz silver bars of this brand and several other major brands but I've never heard of them counterfeiting 10 oz Sunshine Mint bar.

You mean like this one?1 oz sunshine bar
  • Options
    Originally posted by: baseball

I'm not exactly sure what your point is. They've also counterfeited American Eagles. But as for the Sunshine 1 oz silver, I was specifically stating rounds not bars. But regardless of weight or form factor, have they ever successfully counterfeited the MintMark SI anti-counterfeit technology?

If they did, how would we know it?

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate you posting this Zubie; yet, the counterfeiting potential scares me away.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Austin Powers would say, righhhht.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Received a shipping notice...bar mailed out. image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spot is an indication that my pants are down and the truck's backed up .
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice. thats a good value.
  • Options
    If you could divide your stack into 2 substacks; one worth MORE upon receipt than what you paid image and the other worth less upon delivery than your buy price image, which substack would have the most silver in it?
  • Options
    Got my bar today...btw, it does have the "S I" on the reverse, but you need a decoder to read it.
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I got my JM 10 oz bar and added it to the stack. Not worried about the pullback we had Friday. I still see gold $1420-40/silver $22-23 in next 60 days and $1500-1550/$25-26 by the end of the year.

Have a good weekendimage
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options

Got my bar today...btw, it does have the "S I" on the reverse, but you need a decoder to read it.

With the "SI" mintmark on the reverse these bars are far more difficult to counterfeit than ASE's which are currently being made in quantity in China.

• Options
    Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin

These bars are what is called a "loss leader" which means they are selling them at their cost or a little below their cost to introduce their company to new silver buyers and to get the contact information of buyers for future advertising purposes. The money they are losing by selling these silver bars so cheap are considered advertising costs.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin

These bars are what is called a "loss leader" which means they are selling them at their cost or a little below their cost to introduce their company to new silver buyers and to get the contact information of buyers for future advertising purposes. The money they are losing by selling these silver bars so cheap are considered advertising costs.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that they are NOT losing any money? There are lots of ways to acquire silver at prices much lower than we, the common folk, generally consider.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: cohodk

Has it ever occurred to anyone that they are NOT losing any money? There are lots of ways to acquire silver at prices much lower than we, the common folk, generally consider.

What, you mean like, dig it out of the ground at large scale for $12/oz? image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Originally posted by: Baley

What, you mean like, dig it out of the ground at large scale for $12/oz? image

Haha....well that's one way, but we all know it's not the farmer that makes the most money. image

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the case, it's always good to have silver to buy/sell/trade, in the market. Some get free advertisement. I use my signature for that. image
  • Options
    It's now a 10 oz A-MARK bar..... same deal.
  • Options
    I tried to buy the A-Mark bar but they wouldn't accept the order since I had already bought the Sunshine Minting bar special. Got a message that only one bar per household is allowed.

• Options
    Imagine being down 7% on the mutual fund you just bought 3 weeks ago.

• Options

Imagine being down 7% on the mutual fund you just bought 3 weeks ago.

It's down 7% if you were tied to spot price on future transactions. You have no control over MF pricing. At least with the bar you COULD offer it for what you paid for it [$1.42 over] IF you wanted to. So there's that.