Home Precious Metals
Options

Coin Show Bullion Prices

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
I did have occasion to get some selling prices at the show:

Silver Eagles - spot +$3.00/oz.

Shawnee ATBs - spot +$3.00/oz.

Silvertowne "Poker Chip" (quite nice looking, actually) rounds - spot +$0.75/oz.

I didn't see any 90% for sale in bulk, maybe some in baggies but I wasn't paying too close attention.

I only saw (1) raw Platinum Eagle Proof 1 ozer and (1) 1/10th ozer in an NGC slab, but that was the sum total of platinum in the entire bourse.

I only found about (5) Gold Spouses and they were mostly Jackie O, a Louisa, and one Abigail, I think.

There were the usual arrays of classic gold, both raw & slabbed, some 2016 AGEs now, various foreign gold, both modern and older.

The show seemed busy yesterday, a good sign.

I apologize to the silver bar guys - I forgot to take photos of a few bars that might have been interesting, and I will remember to do so in the future. There was a very nice 1969 5-coin set of the Eagle-style (Englehard) rounds that I've seen posted here once in awhile, but it was priced to perfection.

I did see a few tables with sheets of Gold Buffs, but I didn't check the years. The only other Gold Buffs I saw were Proofs of 2006 & 2007 - interestingly, there were no recent dates around.

For the first time that I can remember, I spent more at Walmart yesterday than I did at the coin show. I did sell a couple things, but only to be ready for some of the new Mint offerings.

That's all I got.

Oh, there was one other cool thing that I saw, and I almost had to spring for it. It was an ultra, ultra, ultra high relief 1 oz. Gold Lincoln coin from Popjoy Mint, slabbed by NGC, with a walnut case & cert, the whole shebang, and he only wanted $20 over spot!!!!!!!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing.
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a fun day at the coin show. Thanks for the report. I always thought it would be fun to go to this show. How many days is it and how big?
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    way cool, thanks
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Get any prices on Gold Eagles? What was the Jackie Kennedy''s going for?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your coin show prices appear to be reasonable.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    It runs today and a couple hours on Sunday. I didn't ask for pricing on the AGEs or Jackie.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "...only to be ready for some of the new Mint offerings."

Any word on when the USM bullion commemorative's set of classic US coins will be released?
  • Options
    Any word on when the USM bullion commemorative's set of classic US coins will be released?

The Mint schedule still has the Centennial coins as TBD, and I haven't heard anything otherwise yet. Nothing on the mintages or types of finishes yet either.

Maybe someone else knows?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    At $20 over spot, I would have snagged the Pobjoy Mint UHR Lincoln.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report. I wish that I could have been there.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing.

I always try to go to this one but with it being V-Day tomorrow I'll probably miss it...but if I go I'll report what Chicago prices are in this thread.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    I've been tempted to go to that show, POM. If I ever do, I'll give you a holler.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jmski52

I've been tempted to go to that show, POM. If I ever do, I'll give you a holler.

Please do. It's pretty good still. Use to be more dealers but there's still 30-40 there monthly selling coins to bullion to ASE's/generic to sterling to sterling jewelry to foreign coins to even art sometimes.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good report and those prices are reasonable...Cheers, RickO