Home Precious Metals

2016 ASE, $17.95, Price Increased 17-MAR-16 Free Shipping over $150.00 *Offer Still Avaialable*

http://www.govmint.com/us-coin...e.html?link=hpcarousel

Title says it all.

*No association whatsoever, never saw them run this promotion this long*

Price went up to $17.95 today, 17-MAR-16.

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good price, I'm in for the limit of 10 with free shipping.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are known and trusted?

Interesting that they have this deal, and right next to it, looks like the same thing, just $1 more per SAE.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Bochiman

Interesting that they have this deal, and right next to it, looks like the same thing, just $1 more per SAE.....

Yes, they did it last year too. Use derryb's phone number because they will call you and pester the crap outta you.
    "First Strike coins are struck from new dies, and are believed by many to have a much crisper appearance than coins struck later. For this reason, First Strike Eagles are often preferred by discerning collectors."

I did not know that!
    Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

Yes, they did it last year too. Use derryb's phone number because they will call you and pester the crap outta you.

Thanks. Did you want to post his number here or just PM it?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Thanks. Did you want to post his number here or just PM it?

867-5309
  • donzmedonzme Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Thanks OP.
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Have a couple friends having babies this year and needed a good price on 2016 ASEs to give them.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PRECIOUSMENTAL
    http://www.govmint.com/us-coin...e.html?link=hpcarousel
    Title says it all.

Thanks...ordered the max of 10
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Thanks OP. Ordered 10

Successful transactions with Schmitz7, Bigbuck1975, chumley, CCHunter, Smittys, Gerard, Tookybandit, MorganMan94, LogPotato, coinlieutenant, GoldCoin98, pcgs69, Kccoin, ajaan, JBN, BLee23,....

• PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    They are good to go, they had a similar offer last June.

They never called me, however, some people got calls, if they did call, I'd simply block their number.
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Seems same $$ even with a Credit Card? That is before I pressed Place Order Now..
    COA
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coo, will put that to good use
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything else they sell seems high
  • Great Price.Thanks !
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Broke down and ordered the 10....couldn't pass up good price, free shipping and 2% back on credit card.
    First time in about a year purchasing PMs. Received this confirmation.....will keep fingers crossed it is "in stock".

"Thank you for your purchase! This is a confirmation that we have received your order and it is currently being processed. If the product is available it will ship within one week, items on backorder will ship as they become available at no additional shipping cost."
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    They had a similar promotion last June, received my order in less than 1 week.

They are just looking for new customers, and YES, their prices on everything else are Very High.

However, this is a good deal, and that's what we look for.

I know people who had multiple orders via wife, kids, etc, all were shipped promptly.
    Thanks again for the heads up image
    I've learned some lessons.

There is a different customer base for different kinds of sellers. The seller just has to market to the right kind of customer to match their offerings.

And I must say they do a good job. Like free advertising with a good leader sale and limited. They couldn't pay cheaper advertising than to
    put up that offering and let the word spread, even if they never make a cent on it.

And in some instances where you need a missing piece or coin set, one may wish to buy it from them at a higher cost.

So I've learned that lesson above, and secondly to never look a gift horse in the mouth. Therefore I placed an order.
    COA
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    please keep an eye on the cc accounts post purchase activity any time you give your card to a merchant you have not used before...

Loves me some shiny!
    I would not be to concerned dealing with Govt Mint. They are the parent company of MCM
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Getting as far as loading the cart, 10 ozs shows this summary for Excl and Incl tax of $23.90, per the clicked offer

Product Name

Qty

Subtotal

Subtotal $16.95
    Shipping & Handling (Standard Delivery (7-10 days)) $6.95
    Total Excl. Tax $23.90
    Total Incl. Tax $23.90

What does

Total Excl. Tax $23.90
    Total Incl. Tax $23.90

mean?
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Look, here's the deal, the obfuscation, left is right, right is left is how this works.

I ask again, What does

Total Excl. Tax $23.90
    Total Incl. Tax $23.90

mean?
    Originally posted by: epcjimi1
    Look, here's the deal, the obfuscation, left is right, right is left is how this works.

I ask again, What does

Total Excl. Tax $23.90
    Total Incl. Tax $23.90

mean?

It means "no tax."

Order page is probably set up to charge state sales tax to applicable addresses. I'm in FL, paid no sales tax.

I ask again, What does

Total Excl. Tax $23.90
    Total Incl. Tax $23.90

mean?

I believe, it means you will either be charged Tax or not, depending in what State you reside. MD was not subject to tax. Go to the next step and supply them with your mailing address, that should address your concern.
    Getting as far as loading the cart, 10 ozs shows this summary for Excl and Incl tax of $23.90, per the clicked offer

Product Name

Qty

Subtotal

Subtotal $16.95
    Total Excl. Tax $23.90
    Total Incl. Tax $23.90

What does

Total Excl. Tax $23.90
    Total Incl. Tax $23.90

mean?

If you ordered 10 it should be free shipping????
    Originally posted by: hchcoin

Product Name

Qty

Subtotal

Subtotal $16.95
    Total Excl. Tax $23.90
    Total Incl. Tax $23.90

What does

Total Excl. Tax $23.90
    Total Incl. Tax $23.90

mean?

If you ordered 10 it should be free shipping????

it is, if you click on that option under shipping methods

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Shipping orders over $150 is free. The subtotal shows $16.95 so it appears to me qty= 1.

I ask again, What does

Total Excl. Tax $23.90

Total Incl. Tax $23.90

mean?

It means that you are being charged $16.95 + $6.95 Shipping for ONE coin. Put qty 10 in the cart. You are NOT being charged sales tax on the order.
    Free Shipping on orders OVER $150.00
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if this is true or not; have not read their terms on their website. But a review from another site had this to say about credit card orders:

"Note that the bullion price is not “locked in” when you place your order with GovMint.com. You will end up paying the price of the bullion as it stands several weeks in the future when your credit card is charged, rather than the price you are quoted on the site or over the telephone when you place your order. This is clearly stated on the site, but is well worth noting carefully here as well."
    ----- kj
    Originally posted by: tincup
    Don't know if this is true or not; have not read their terms on their website. But a review from another site had this to say about credit card orders:

"Note that the bullion price is not “locked in” when you place your order with GovMint.com. You will end up paying the price of the bullion as it stands several weeks in the future when your credit card is charged, rather than the price you are quoted on the site or over the telephone when you place your order. This is clearly stated on the site, but is well worth noting carefully here as well."

my CC was immediately charged the advertised price. I get email alerts when my card is charged.

Originally posted by: derryb

my CC was immediately charged the advertised price. I get email alerts when my card is charged.

What he said.
    Originally posted by: derryb

What he said.

10 4
    02/05/2016 Pending GOVMINT.COM $169.50
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to OP. Offer still going this Monday morning.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

If they oversell and have to buy more they are going to see RED. $2 over right now would be about $17.30 from the Mint.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Just received email from UPS....shipping notification.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    Price is now..$179.95.....the early birds got their worm. I also received UPS shipping notifications.
    Originally posted by: mariner67

Just received email from UPS....shipping notification.

Ditto.

I hope DerryB is nice to them if they call the phone number Bajjerfan gave me to let me know of any other nice deals image

Funny I just got the ad on Facebook. The text part still said, $16.95, but when I clicked through, it was $17.95.
    COA
  • CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    I must have got in just under the wire this morning. During the 11 o'clock hour it was still $16.95.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tip, ordered mine last night.
    mirabela
    I also received my shipping notice, scheduled to arrive Thursday, 11-Feb.

I think that is faster than the similar offer from 21-June-2015...They were $17.95 each at that time.
    Received mine today. Great looking coins.
    Originally posted by: hchcoin

Received mine today. Great looking coins.

nowchangeyerfonenummer!!!image
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Forgot about the "certificate of authenticity " and the giant vinyl flip. Pitched all the packaging.
  • They'll call and send crap in the mail non stop. Their eagles are also very likely to be grading rejects (MS68 or lower) but your mileage may vary.

I made the mistake of ordering from them in the past on a special like this, I got a roll full of spotted eagles.
    Completed deals on this forum with: wondercoin, Metalsman, dmarks, PerryHall Additional references available upon request.