Home Precious Metals

Anyone else using SwagBucks for extra credit on online purchases??

illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else here uses SwagBucks to earn a little extra on purchases? I just signed up with them a couple of weeks ago and have had a good experience so far. You can earn "swagbucks" to spend on various things including Amazon gift cards and even PayPal credit and can redeem them in increments as low as $1 which is handy. I have redeemed points for Amazon gift cards already and they worked great.

Lots of ways to earn these swagbucks on that website if you really want to earn some extra cash, but the most relevant to this forum is that right now you get 3 swagbucks for every $1 spent on eBay. That's a 3% rebate! Last week it was only 2 swagbucks for every $1 on eBay, but even 2% extra on eBay isn't bad. Best of all, it seems to give the credit on bullion purchases. I tried it and it worked for me so far. Also worked for me when I had bid on an auction earlier in the week and only used the link from swagbucks to pay for the item.

The only downside is that you have to wait 2-3 months to get access to the swagbucks you earn, but I think most of the cashback sites like this have that arrangement so I have no problem with that.

If you don't already use it and want to check it out, here's a link (and yes, it's a referral link so if you end up signing up I'll get a little extra credit - but that's not why I'm sharing it here):

Link to SwagBucks

Seems that 2-3% extra off of eBay purchases (including bullion) is about the best deal I've seen around!!! Been using it for only a couple of weeks by using their link to eBay to buy stuff I was going to buy anyway and have already earned around $25 in credit image

Comments

• OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link. I will try later today as I ready for some bullion purchases. Some swiss 1 oz gold bars offered by Apmex for around $1,073 are looking attractive.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, it can take a couple of days for your eBay purchase to show up on your swagbucks account... it doesn't happen right away. I thought it didn't work when I tried it the other day on bullion, but it showed up after a couple of days. Just be sure to follow the link to eBay from swagbucks, then make your purchase and it should be good to go.
    Originally posted by: illini420
    FYI, it can take a couple of days for your eBay purchase to show up on your swagbucks account... it doesn't happen right away. I thought it didn't work when I tried it the other day on bullion, but it showed up after a couple of days. Just be sure to follow the link to eBay from swagbucks, then make your purchase and it should be good to go.

I placed my first order via ebay and hopefully the Swagbucks will show up in a few days.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, but I dont use credit cards or credit to pay for bullion, only cash out of a cash account. And yes, it has protection same as a credit card.

Buying bullion/coins with a credit card leads to sure hell, and it doesn't matter if you think you're disciplined in paying it at the end of the month or not. Eventually you wont because of an unexpected event happening.

Even if you have other funds to make up the difference, you just lost those funds then by robbing Pete to pay Paul. You lose both ways. Pay with cash and again, yes you'll have protection that way if you have the right kind of account.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
    Looks like it's back to a 2% rebate on eBay purchases today... still not bad.

No one here even mentioned buying bullion w/ credit cards, so not sure why you're ranting here about that POM... you can buy stuff on eBay w/o credit cards.
    Even 2% is better than the 0% for bullion purchases at Mr. Rebates.

FWIW, October and November are the months that credit card companies ask me to apply for their cards again. Those offers usually are sweetened with $300 to $500 bonus cash for just spending a certain amount within a specified time. The latest offer was for $500 bonus cash for spending $4,500 in three months - on top of the usual 2% back. Since I purchase all my bullion with credit cards I plan to cash in that $500 bonus by February. Once that happens I will cancel the card and wait for the next "rinse and repeat" offer.
    The other thing that I noticed at Mr. Rebates, is that when I was bidding/buying though an eBay auction, I didn't always get the Mr. Rebates credit. I would typically sign in through Mr. Rebates to bid, then sign in again through them when it came time to pay. I'd guess I got the credit on auctions about 2/3 of the time.

On this Swagbucks site, I didn't even use their link to bid, but I used their link to eBay just to go pay for an auction that I won and I did get the credit to show in my account, which was great! Hopefully that's just the way it works and not just a fluke.

The only issue I've seen with Swagbucks so far is that it didn't post credit for some airline tickets I bought last week through Hawaiian Airlines. It shows the purchase and the purchase amount in my Swagbucks account so they got the info, but it shows I get 0 credit. Perhaps they won't credit the bonus until after the flight? We'll see on that one.
    I heard from one forum member who tried this out and he's earned almost $50 in points in the last week and has successfully redeemed some for amazon credit.

Heard from another forum member who had some trouble getting points to show up from eBay purchases and also is having trouble redeeming their points for eBay gift cards.

I've just redeemed some points for a $25 amazon card yesterday and the gift code is pending, but it says it takes up to 10 business days. I've had no trouble with previous amazon codes coming from this site. All of my eBay purchases clicked through swagbucks have credited to my swagbucks account (takes a few days to show each time), so that's good at least.

Anyone else have experience with this site and/or have any tips???

• How do we use referral codes for each other. We can each get 10% back for life from whoever you refer. For example, I just bought stuff on ebay that netted me 5500 swagbucks. So whoever referred me would get 550, seems interesting to me, I do a lot of online shopping
    Originally posted by: wheathoarder
    How do we use referral codes for each other. We can each get 10% back for life from whoever you refer. For example, I just bought stuff on ebay that netted me 5500 swagbucks. So whoever referred me would get 550, seems interesting to me, I do a lot of online shopping

Most of the online sites like this offer some sort of referral program. I know Mr. Rebates has a similar set up. But yeah, it's a nice little incentive to get your friends and family signed up, in addition to the extra cash they'll be getting anyways on their purchases.

In the last couple of months of using this Swagbucks site, I've earned the person that referred me over $10 extra which is neat. And a few folks who signed up through my link in the OP have helped me get a few extra bucks in credit which is nice too. Again, not my motivation for posting the info on this site here, just though it was great that they seem to give the points on purchase through eBay, including bullion purchases. All have worked for me so far.

Mike

Seems like this site has been giving only 1% back on eBay coin/bullion purchases lately. Still not bad, but not quite the 2% or even 3% they have done before. And still a nice bonus on coin purchases where I'm already getting 2% in eBay bucks.

Other than that, I've been pretty happy with the Swagbucks site and have earned a few hundred bucks in Amazon credit over the past 9 months or so, pretty much just for buying on eBay. Only a couple of times my purchases did not generate the credit on their site, but customer service took care of it immediately with an email.

Anyways, anyone know of any other better referral link deals that give more than 1% on eBay on coin and bullion purchases?
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure, but I do like swagbucks though. On some days when I have nothing going on and free time to just sit in front of the TV I'll run those "nCraves" videos. It's sort of like just earning pennies but they do add up and I really did nothing to earn them. Open a window, it runs for 5 minutes, shut it, start a new one, etc and do nothing else. It adds up, but yeah, it sucks that we're only getting one for one on ebay. but I did get a five for one on Walmart's website a couple of weeks ago.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long have you been using swag bucks Illini?

And does the swag bucks 2% turn into a dollar for dollar Amazon GC? ie 2% of a purchase is 25 swag bucks ... Do those 25 SB turn into a $25 amazon gift card?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Another way of collecting purchasing behavior to link with your personal data.
    Entire industries are now built around tracking our every moves.
    Just sayin'.
    The loss of personal privacy is the price we pay.
    Nothing is free.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    Originally posted by: MsMorrisine
    How long have you been using swag bucks Illini?

And does the swag bucks 2% turn into a dollar for dollar Amazon GC? ie 2% of a purchase is 25 swag bucks ... Do those 25 SB turn into a $25 amazon gift card?

Only been using it about a year... eBay has varied from 1% to 3% credit. Have to be careful though, right now it looks like it says 2% at first glance, but if you read the details, that is only on certain categories, everything else is 1%.

Yes, for most things 100SB = $1 of gift card... and you can get PayPal gift cards so that's pretty close to cash for most of us. Also, you can get 1 $25 gift card per month for only 2200SB, so it's a bit of a discount.
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's the sucky part. One SB is basically one penny.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set