Home Precious Metals
Options

Good deal on silver bars

PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just bought ten 10 oz RMC silver bars (sealed) on eBay for $0.59 over spot from Bullion Exchanges. You have to buy ten bars. Seems like a good deal at the current low silver price.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't see it. Linky?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    item number 151878235503

• Options
    My bad, I thought you were talking about the RCM (Canadian Mint) 10 oz. bars. My second choice for silver behind the ASE's.

• Options
    Republic Metals Corporation makes nice looking bars. I have two 100 oz RMC bars and a couple of their Kilo bars and they are all very attractive bars. I'm also a big fan of the RCM silver bars.

• Options
    Republic Metals Corporation makes nice looking bars. I have two 100 oz RMC bars and a couple of their Kilo bars and they are all very attractive bars. I'm also a big fan of the RCM silver bars.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Downtown1974

Those 10 oz. RMC bars look real nice! Great deal at .59 over.

The only catch is that you have to buy ten 10 oz bars. Of course many silver buyers won't be able to afford to buy 100 ozs all at once. Also, there's a limited number available so this deal will disappear without prior notice..

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great price.... but indeed a large quantity.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PerryHall
    Originally posted by: Downtown1974
    Those 10 oz. RMC bars look real nice! Great deal at .59 over.

The only catch is that you have to buy ten 10 oz bars. Of course many silver buyers won't be able to afford to buy 100 ozs all at once. Also, there's a limited number available so this deal will disappear without prior notice..

Pikers.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    They are sold out.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received an email from Provident Metals advising of a "Black Friday" sale on 10 oz silver bars @ $.29 over spot, along with silver rounds @ $.39 over spot beginning 12.01 A.M on Friday. 1/10th oz AGE's @ $10.95 over melt.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it nice of them to offer to sell us the silver so they can get it out of their vault and into our hands before prices increase?

They must be very altruistic!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Originally posted by: baseball
    Originally posted by: derryb
    My bad, I thought you were talking about the RCM (Canadian Mint) 10 oz. bars. My second choice for silver behind the ASE's.

Just curious, what is it about the RCM bars that you like so much? Is it that a government is churning them out?

because a government mint is churning them out, and serializing them.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THEY want you to buy them, and you're dancing right on the end of their strings by doing so image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

• Options

Originally posted by: baseball

Just curious, what is it about the RCM bars that you like so much? Is it that a government is churning them out?

because a government mint is churning them out, and serializing them.

Do you buy any bars from the Perth Mint in Australia? Are there any other government mints that are currently making and selling silver or gold bars? I sure can't think of any.

• Options
    Providentmentals...Black Friday sales

Link

1/10 oz AGE's "sold out."
  • Options

I received an email from Provident Metals advising of a "Black Friday" sale on 10 oz silver bars @ $.29 over spot, along with silver rounds @ $.39 over spot beginning 12.01 A.M on Friday. 1/10th oz AGE's @ $10.95 over melt.

10 oz bars @ $.29 & 1 oz silver rounds @ $.39 over spot along with the 1/10 oz AGE's, long sold out....Looks like they had a great "Black Friday" sale.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's going lower.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: OPA

10 oz bars @ $.29 & 1 oz silver rounds @ $.39 over spot along with the 1/10 oz AGE's, long sold out....Looks like they had a great "Black Friday" sale.

Sounds like a great deal. What brand were the 10 oz bars? I'm guessing they used this sale to move out some secondary market (scuffed up) bars.

• Options
    Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin

It's going lower.

Dang! I wish someone would have warned me so I could have waited and bought them much cheaper.image

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Here are RCM bars at 0.79 over spot.

Link

Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Originally posted by: OperationButter

Here are RCM bars at 0.79 over spot.

Link

Those are 100 oz bars which typically have a lower premium over spot than the RCM 10 oz bars but that is still a very good deal. I like the 100 oz RCM bars because they show the year of manufacture on them just like a coin. I'm not aware of any other current bars that have this feature.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a great deal. What brand were the 10 oz bars? I'm guessing they used this sale to move out some secondary market (scuffed up) bars.

They were supposed to be new and sealed in poly. I believe they were produced by OPM.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

They were supposed to be new and sealed in poly. I believe they were produced by OPM.

New & produced by Elemetal (formally OPM) exclusively for Provident.

$.49 over melt...rounds @ $.59 above melt
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin
    It's going lower.

Dang! I wish someone would have warned me so I could have waited and bought them much cheaper.image

You weren't warned ?

If I recall, it's a fellow members's sigline image