Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1964 Outer Limits Cards

I have three 1964 Outer Limits trading cards that I cannot find any information about. They are #'s 2 (Radio-Active Man), 19 (Sea Beast Strikes), and 31 (The Mind Stealer). What makes them so unique is that the picture on each has a "shadow" picture, in green, of the main figure. I don't know if these are error cards, or misprints, and whether they are worthless or worth more than the regular cards. I've done numerous searches on the internet, but cannot come up with any reference to cards like them.

Anyone heard of cards like these?

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Swamp Yankee
    I have three 1964 Outer Limits trading cards that I cannot find any information about. They are #'s 2 (Radio-Active Man), 19 (Sea Beast Strikes), and 31 (The Mind Stealer). What makes them so unique is that the picture on each has a "shadow" picture, in green, of the main figure. I don't know if these are error cards, or misprints, and whether they are worthless or worth more than the regular cards. I've done numerous searches on the internet, but cannot come up with any reference to cards like them.

Anyone heard of cards like these?

If you can post/provide a link to pics or scans they would likely be helpful. From the description provided, it sounds like a misprint where one of the plates that apply color was misaligned with the others. If this is the case, I wouldn't say they're worthless, just worth less than an equivalent condition card where all the plates were aligned. If submitted to PSA, they would either get a OF qualifier (out of focus) or a 1-2 grade drop.

Here's an example of a PSA card with the OF qualifier: Link

• I agree that pictures would be very helpful, but I am having trouble figuring out how to attach them to this post. I have them as .jpg on my computer, but I'm not sure how to make them into a link so that they can be seen here. Hopefully I will figure it out soon. I very rarely post to forums, so I'm not very savvy on what to do.
    You can't post pictures directly to this forum. If you have a Photobucket account, you can upload them there and post a link to them here.
    Yep, that's misaligned color plates, but far more extreme than most OF cards. I would think someone collecting the set would be interested in them as a novelty, but probably not a whole lot of value.

To post the photos here, just copy the Direct link to the right of any photo in Photobucket, click the picture icon here within the Reply (just before the 'http' button), and paste the Photobucket link.

Looks like you're somewhere here in the SW, I'm in AZ image

• Thanks so much for your advice and input. This has been a real learning experience for me.

I live in Colorado Springs, CO. Right now everyone is still digging out of the snowstorm we had last Sunday. Sun is out, so looking good.
    No problem, glad I could be of assistance. There's a lot to learn and I've gained a ton of knowledge from other posters in my time here. Welcome to the forums!

From the scenery in your other pic, I knew it had to be CO/UT/AZ or inland southern Cali. Good luck digging out.
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a complete set of those cards and would be interested in adding that one. But, as already mentioned, it would simply be a novelty and not worth a whole bunch, especially given its condition. Shoot me a PM if you want to work something out.
    I do have a sub-collection of error cards from different series. Most of them are simple miscuts where you see part of one card on another. But I do have one interesting one where the image on the front does not match the description on the back. Kinda cool anyway.
  • Trying to see if I can add another picture.

Yep, cool errors.
  • They look like they should be viewed with those old 3-d glasses