Home Sports Talk
Options

Les Miles fired

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
mark
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where will he land?

Let the rumor mill begin.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just heard it during the Pittsburgh game and checked online. really hard to believe, it highlights how competitive CFB has become and how much power the wealthy alumnus at some schools have. they were trying to run him out of town last year and got their wish this year. my hunch is that they will see the foolhardiness of that wish when the AD starts to look for a replacement. LSU will be a much desired Head Coaching position, but how many top tier applicants do you think their are??

in the end, I think it will be far easier for Les Miles to find another top tier Coaching position than it will be for LSU to replace him.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my first thought is that next year's Coach will come from the NFL ranks, either someone who gets fired, someone who can't get an NFL HC job or a "name" of some sort.
  • Options
    Let me throw Lane Kiffin's name into the swamp

mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Chip Kelly
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman

mark

If Lane Kiffin gets another head coaching job that would be ridiculous. What a track record of burning bridges and making enemies!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: larryallen73

mark

If Lane Kiffin gets another head coaching job that would be ridiculous. What a track record of burning bridges and making enemies!

If you recruit like your hair is on fire you get a lot of chances. Speaking of recruiting LSU has a Top 5 recruiting class that Alabama, Michigan, OSU, FSU and others will be picking through like ambulance chasers

M
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: keets
    just heard it during the Pittsburgh game and checked online. really hard to believe, it highlights how competitive CFB has become and how much power the wealthy alumnus at some schools have. they were trying to run him out of town last year and got their wish this year. my hunch is that they will see the foolhardiness of that wish when the AD starts to look for a replacement. LSU will be a much desired Head Coaching position, but how many top tier applicants do you think their are??

in the end, I think it will be far easier for Les Miles to find another top tier Coaching position than it will be for LSU to replace him.

Yep, I agree 100%. The only reason he didn't get fired last year was that they couldn't get the coach they wanted, Jimbo Fisher.

I like Coach Miles, he is a players coach and a class act as well. I'll miss him.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: larryallen73

mark

If you recruit like your hair is on fire you get a lot of chances. Speaking of recruiting LSU has a Top 5 recruiting class that Alabama, Michigan, OSU, FSU and others will be picking through like ambulance chasers

M

image...yep, Dylan Moses is taking a visit either this week or next.

• Options
    Tom Herman is going to be romanced to be sure.

m
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a smart move... I suspect three years from now there will be regrets

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Mark Dantonio would be a great fit

mark
  • Options
    Dantonio has earned a spot to be included among the finest football coaches at MSU...Biggie and Duffy

He will always be loved at MSU... No need to leave and go somewhere that is impossible to meet expectations.

• Options
    Originally posted by: coinkat

Dantonio has earned a spot to be included among the finest football coaches at MSU...Biggie and Duffy

He will always be loved at MSU... No need to leave and go somewhere that is impossible to meet expectations.

Dantonio is doing this with 3 and 4 star recruits and playing second fiddle in his own state. Imagine what he could do with 5 star recruits from all of Louisana, parts of Texas and Florida. He could be king if that's what he wants. Just sayin, I like this marriage

It worked out alright for Saban.

mark
  • Options
    Not to argue, but Saban was probably 10 years younger than Dantonio at the time he accepted the position at LSU and was not there that long... I suppose my view of coaching is antiquated. I think Dantonio has the perfect job now. As an example, I thought Barry Alvarez was perfect for Wisconsin even though I suspect he could have left but recognized he was building a legacy instead of living in the shadows elsewhere. And I respect those that undertake that challenge.

• Options

Not to argue, but Saban was probably 10 years younger than Dantonio at the time he accepted the position at LSU and was not there that long... I suppose my view of coaching is antiquated. I think Dantonio has the perfect job now. As an example, I thought Barry Alvarez was perfect for Wisconsin even though I suspect he could have left but recognized he was building a legacy instead of living in the shadows elsewhere. And I respect those that undertake that challenge.

Your points are perfectly sound.

I guess it depends what Dantonio's end game is. If it's a National Championship then it's probably not going to be at MSU. Last year was probably as good as it's going to get. It was a masterful job to get to the playoffs. You saw what happened when he went up against a stable full of 4 and 5 stars. Anyways, he's in a great spot. I like him very much.

mark
  • Options
    Agreed... Dantonio is a terrific coach whom I respect. Without question he deserves to be considered at LSU if he has interest in the head coaching job.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Odds from Vegas for replacement:

Here is the full list, per Bovada:

Tom Herman 5/4

Jimbo Fisher 3/1

Larry Fedora 4/1

Willie Taggart 6/1

Ed Orgeron 9/1

Lane Kiffin 12/1

Gary Patterson 15/1

Chip Kelly 15/1

Bobby Petrino 18/1

Art Briles 28/1
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Your points are perfectly sound.

I guess it depends what Dantonio's end game is. If it's a National Championship then it's probably not going to be at MSU. Last year was probably as good as it's going to get. It was a masterful job to get to the playoffs. You saw what happened when he went up against a stable full of 4 and 5 stars. Anyways, he's in a great spot. I like him very much.

mark

Yet dantonio's 2013 team was a phantom penalty away from going undefeated.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED