Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL 2016 kicks of tonight with Panthers v. Broncos, Part II

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
Will Cam Newton and the Panthers be vindicated and show the world who the League MVP really is?

Or will the Broncos win another game that no one thinks that they can or should win?

I have no idea who will win the game, but I will find out in a few hours.

Comments

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good game so far, at the half.

Panthers look to be the sharper team at this point.

Edit: At the end of the third quarter. I retract my statement above.

Edit: Great game to start the NFL season. I think Denver will do fine with this young QB.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newton won't last the season if he keeps getting beaten up like he did tonight.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad the NFL is taking their concussion protocol seriously.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grote15

They were saying Newton was sure to eclipse Steve Young in every way and that he could play 10 more years. I don't think that type of QB is going to survive 10 years and play that way. If he doesn't turn into a pass first QB that needs to be contained he won't last.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many hits to the head.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: craig44
    Too many hits to the head.

A lot of those hits could have drawn a penalty. Next week every hit to the head will draw a penalty
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, there were several hits that should have been penalized. One I am surprised didn't force a concussion protocol for Newton

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit 'em again, hit 'em again, harder, harder.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bronco2078

Originally posted by: grote15

They were saying Newton was sure to eclipse Steve Young in every way and that he could play 10 more years. I don't think that type of QB is going to survive 10 years and play that way. If he doesn't turn into a pass first QB that needs to be contained he won't last.

Agreed. Young is still paying the price for all the hits he took.

What baffles me is the number of designed running plays the Panthers call for Newton. If the RGIII debacle illustrated anything, it's that even the best running QBs will get killed out in the open field sooner or later when they are not sliding first. He is a terrific talent, but you need to not go back to that well over and over again.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that crew officiated all of the Rocky fights

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let'em play...it's a contact sport...as long as they are legal hits.

If you want to blame anybody.....blame the coaching staff of the Panthers for calling the plays!
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN

If you want to blame anybody.....blame the coaching staff of the Panthers for calling the plays!

Shots to the head are never legal

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    From late Thursday, through mid Sunday my favorite team stands alone atop the NFL 2016 standings as being the only team with a victory.

Life is sweet!!!
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN

Shots to the head are never legal

mark

You are absolutely correct on that. I just today saw the replay on that hit.

Very bad no call!
  • Options
    My favorite team is now 3-0 to start the season.

Go Broncos.
  • Options
    Donks now 4-0.

Starting QB goes down with an injured shoulder for his non throwing arm. Lynch steps in and plays well.

Next week, the Falcons.