Home Sports Talk

2016 Patriots-Revenge Tour COMPLETED

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 8, 2017 2:53PM in Sports Talk
Well here we go with the 2016 Patriots with Jimmy G leading the charge for the first 4 games, I'm hoping we can get out of this at a minimum of 2-2. The Defense looked great the other night, hopefully the line can keep Brady safe this year. I'm optimistic about winning the AFC East and looking for a good season from the Pats.

Comments

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Paul...

Hopefully a good opening for the Pats...Brady got seriously screwed by an egomaniac. For the Commissioner to have the power of judge and jury is unacceptable. It is what it is, gotta live with it. How did he not take into account the second half, when Brady crushed the Jets with supposedly "properly inflated" balls. image

Heading to New Hampshire just after Columbus Day for about 6 days. Will be staying in Concord (Bow actually) and make day trips to northern NH and west to Vermont...wife wants to see some covered bridges. Might even give the Cog Railway a shot...mostly gonna chill and hang out with relatives and try to avoid the leaf peepers.

Al
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Al, glad you checked in. I'm already past the deflate gate garbage, it was a witch hunt from the get go and all the nonsense is just that nonsense so I've moved on. I think the 4 game rest will be beneficial to Brady, he will be fresh and ready to go with an agenda to destroy ever team he plays so let's hope he can accomplish that! I love going up North for the holiday weekend, it's beautiful up there. Take note that it gets very crowded no matter where you venture to. Have fun and check in to help me root for the Pays this season!
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ball-flate was totally bogus and so is the Commish....what an idiot!

It must be nice being a Pats fan these days. Your team has the 3 things that the Cowboys need to change:

1) A good owner.

2) A great Head Coach.

3) A great QB.

I hope you go 4-0 during Brady's rest and then kick-a$$ the rest of the season.
    Thanks Dimeman! I hope they go on a rampage this season but as you know a lot of it has to do with injuries and luck. We will see how it shakes out
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for a 3-1 start during toms vacation. I imagine they will loose to the cardinals and hopefully win the other three. I am glad deflate gate is over and can't wait to get Mr. Brady back.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brady will be well-rested for the playoffs. Thank you, Commissioner Douchebag
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimeman...

I have always felt that Jerry Jones was the root cause of Dallas football problems. He appears to be, if not actually waaaaaaaaaay too involved in day to day football issues. He's an owner, not a football strategist. Until he's gone, I think Dallas fans will have endure mediocre results.

Jones is at least 74 years old...sell the team, enjoy your profits and live well....exceptionally well.

As for the Pats, we'll quickly have this uber-bogus pile of dog squeeze behind us soon enough.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL 2016 is soon to be upon us.

Good luck to the Patriots in 2016.

I have no idea how good or bad the Broncos will be this season but would enjoy seeing the Patriots in a rematch of the 2015 AFC Title Game. Guess I should start paying attention to my favorite team.

Good luck to Dimeman's Cowboys also [though I saw a report that Romo is out with a neck or spine problem].

Uhhhk Ninkovich out for 4 games
    Thanks Sanction, good luck to you guys as well.
    Just heard about ninkovich. A real bummer. Have they released what the substance was?

No idea about what it was, he tore his tricep/s in August and was going to be out so maybe he took somethings to recover the injury. It don't matter now though he is sitting for 4
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right back at you Perkdog.
    Originally posted by: SanctionII
    Right back at you Perkdog.

I am rooting for the Broncos Defense every game this year btw, they are my team D in fantasy football image
    Carson Palmer says Tom Brady should 'suffer the consequences' for Deflategate

I do hope similar words get spoken to Mr Palmer at the bottom of a pile of the Patriots' D
    Originally posted by: Barndog
    Carson Palmer says Tom Brady should 'suffer the consequences' for Deflategate

I do hope similar words get spoken to Mr Palmer at the bottom of a pile of the Patriots' D

Totally agree, but honestly Palmer should be more concerned with winning a Super Bowl like Tom has on 4 different occasions
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dallas fan as well here.

Can not believe that Brady is out for the first four. I'm speechless. Unreal.

I agree it may actually benefit him at the back end of the season.

He'll be on a mission when he returns and will shred defenses.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Originally posted by: sparky64
    Dallas fan as well here.
    Can not believe that Brady is out for the first four. I'm speechless. Unreal.
    I agree it may actually benefit him at the back end of the season.
    He'll be on a mission when he returns and will shred defenses.

Most NFL fans feel the same way, some that are jealous of the Patriots success won't admit it but deep down they know the Pats and Brady got unfair treatment and Goodell has had it out for them. Either way I'm in the camp that thinks this 4 game break will be good for him, that's a bunch of hits he will not be absorbing and hopefully it keeps him a few steps ahead down the stretch.
    Gronk with a hammy! I hope he don't get the Madden cover jinx
    lots of important players won't be playing for NE image

Pats are ten point dogs image

No matter what happens, the Pats are guaranteed at least a share of first place in the East! image
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya baby!

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    that was pretty sweet. NE was not supposed to win that game. Imagine if they had a full complement of players...possibilities!
  • PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭
    Not a Pats fan, but I was LOVING +300 on the money line last night.
    Great game by the Pats, I was figuring they would lose that but they pulled it off! I like Hogan, and the D stepped up and played very well.
    Hogan did look great. I was hoping for 3-1 while brady is out. This was the one I thought they would loose. Now hoping for 4-0!!

No reason they won't go 4-0 with the next 3 games at home. Week 1 is always crazy, tough to predict how they will do coming off that big win but at least Bill won't let them get too excited.
    I really hope Jimmy G is ok, we won but not feeling good about that game. The defense looked horrible in the 2nd half, but a W is a W!
    Protecting a lead as the goal didn't work too well, defense lost its aggressiveness IMO
    A win is a win. They are tough to get

mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Team lost its edge after Jimmy G went down. I'm sure he won't play Thursday. Limp along till brady gets back

Reports are that Jimmy G won't be back, the rookie will have his hands full. I don't know if the pats will IR him and grab a free agent, the Pats O is tough to learn right off the bat. Not excited about the next two games
    Originally posted by: perkdog

Reports are that Jimmy G won't be back, the rookie will have his hands full. I don't know if the pats will IR him and grab a free agent, the Pats O is tough to learn right off the bat. Not excited about the next two games

Do they have Peyton Manning on speed dial? image

mark

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman

mark

Tim Tebow image
    Honestly I hope they keep Gronk out until Brady returns.

Honestly I hope they keep Gronk out until Brady returns.

+1. I have been thinking this all along. They need to make sure he is healthy in December and January.

Originally posted by: Justacommeman

mark

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Yea not a chance Manning will get a call, he is too busy making dorky commercials lol

Texans are small in the saddle tonight . They better wake up or the rookie is going to beat them
    Originally posted by: bronco2078

Texans are small in the saddle tonight . They better wake up or the rookie is going to beat them

Way too early!
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osweiler looks very mediocre up to half time.

The hoodie coach could win with me as QB.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

So many mistakes by Houston looks like 3-0 will become a reality tonight

Anyone hear any news on the status for Jimmy G for week 4?

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pats fans were hoping for 2 - 2 for the 4 games that Brady is resting........looks more like it will be 4-0 instead.

Must be nice being a Pats fan. Having a great owner and great coach helps!
    Originally posted by: craig44
    Anyone hear any news on the status for Jimmy G for week 4?

Who the heck knows, Big Bill will play it close to the vest. It wouldn't surprise me if he is ready by next game though.
    and to think that was a HOME underdog that just won easily image
    So looking like Jimmy G will be starting tomorrow, after this we get Brady back. Hopefully we can go 4-0, the Bills have to be pumped after smashing AZ last week, still not sure if the Bills are good or AZ is just bad but either way the Bills have lost a bunch of key players recently so hopefully the Pats will get the W
    Now I'm reading that Brisett is starting, probably not going to know for sure until game time.

The patriots look awful today , I was thinking the pats would win and Buffalo would probably fire Rex. After beating Arizona last week and if they win today then Rex keeps that job for the rest of the season.
    awful was an understatement. Penalties galore, they looked tired and undisciplined.
    Well, that was ugly.