Home Sports Talk
Options

Johnny Manziel reminds me of............

DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
Feel free to complete the sentence.

Johnny Manziel reminds me of..................

O.J. Simpson.
"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a ridiculas comparison, in my opinion the kid hasnt done anything THAT outragious. He likes to go to Vegas and enjoy some booze like every other kid his age, if he actually assaulted his GF then my opinion on him would change but that is skeptical at best at this point since he has not been charged with any crime. The Browns are a complete joke of an organization and will be doing him a huge favor by releasing him.
  • Options
    Jeff Spicoli.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: perkdog
    What a ridiculas comparison, in my opinion the kid hasnt done anything THAT outragious. He likes to go to Vegas and enjoy some booze like every other kid his age, if he actually assaulted his GF then my opinion on him would change but that is skeptical at best at this point since he has not been charged with any crime. The Browns are a complete joke of an organization and will be doing him a huge favor by releasing him.

Have to agree. I saw a list of all his "transgressions" and didn't think it was THAT bad. Immature, I suppose, but not criminal?

To answer OP's question.

many young people having fun!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browns will be releasing him because he's a distraction to the team
    Allegedly beat girlfriend and threatened to kill them both(which usually means true)
    Father says if he doesn't get help he will be dead before he's 24
    Agent dumps him(which never happens)
    Currently the subject of a Dallas police investigation

Reminds me of a young O.J. Simpson, the kid needs some serous help
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

I'm thinking yours is a ridiculous response.

I guess you've never had a daughter.

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 cents...

OJ at least was quite an athlete during his 8+ years with the Bills. His NFL record is very impressive, with tons of accomplishments. At some point, later in life, OJ took a weird turn that I can only call "uber ego", which, one day spun out of control, and IMO, he killed both Nicole and Ron. As an aside, I will never forget when the verdict was read...I was with a fairly large group of people, perhaps 20+ or so, black and white. When the "not guilty" was announced, EVERY black person cheered wildly, EVERY white person was stunned like they'd been tazed...me too!

Now, I wouldn't call Manziel an "OJ Simpson", he hasn't been around long enough to accomplish and then self-destruct as OJ has. The thing with Manziel is his hubris, thinking he can do whatever and basically get away with stuff, mostly off the field shenanigans that embarrass the Brown's and make Manziel look like the fool he's allowed himself to become. It's just a matter of time before some opposing force really slams him.

So, to answer the OPs sentence, I'd simply add "loser going down hill at a high rate of speed".

I don't think he's long for the NFL, and would not one day be surprised to learn of his being out of pro ball altogether, or worse, as in no longer alive. He's simply a fool who is wasting whatever talent he may have and burning up whatever. What will he do when the coin stops rolling in?
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Norm Frantz actually said "debt is the currency of slaves".
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Ryan Leaf said he sees much of himself in Manziel, so Johnny has that going for him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: PSASAP
    Norm Frantz actually said "debt is the currency of slaves".

Yes, I think you're right.

I'll have to change that later.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DoubleEagle59

I'm thinking yours is a ridiculous response.

I guess you've never had a daughter.

I have a daughter and I don't see your comparison.

Manziel clearly has issues but he hasn't murdered anybody yet. The fact that his agent fired him this week says a lot to me. However, still not a murderer... (allegedly).
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He reminds me of Johnny Manziel.

He's writing his own book.

Wish him the best for everyone's sake within his sphere of influence.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To an extent he reminds me of an early Tiger Woods, who had a couple of somewhat similar incidents when he first became successful (i.e., partying, "don't you know who I am", etc.) Of course Tiger was actually good at what he did. Manziel so far, not so much. All the attitude and ego without the pro-level accomplishments to back it up.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said a year ago he'd be out of the NFL within 2-3 years and he is ahead of schedule..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    ......Tonya Harding.
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Rocker. Dumb as a stump.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    I like the Ryan Leaf comparison. Manziel to Leaf, that is.

How many years, months, or days will it take for Manziel to land in prison?

I hope he snaps out of it and actually gets a shot with another team and does well. I think Manziel
    is talented and an exciting player to watch.

Although it's never cool to supposedly strike your girlfriend. I'm okay with the drinking, as long as he doesn't
    drink and drive, or use his alcoholism to bash more women. There's nothing wrong with tipping a few at home.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryan Leaf was the first that popped in my head before opening the thread. Odds of being in prison withing two years is higher than being in the NFL.
  • Options
    Bart Simpson.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    most lotto millionaires
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve Howe.