Home Sports Talk
Options

Warriors play the Spurs at Oracle Arena tonight. Anyone planning on watching?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
The two best teams in the league this year playing each other in the first of four regular season meetings.

Should be an entertaining game.

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn skippy.

I've been saying for a couple of months now that although the Warriors have the best record & have garnered all of the attention (and rightfully so), San Antonio is actually the best team in the NBA and will ultimately win the Championship. And that's not a knock against GSW, because I really dig them and especially Steph Curry. But this is the deepest Spurs team we've witnessed in many moons. The other night Manu, Parker and Duncan scored a combined 11 points and they vaporized the Mavs by 29.

Tonight should be an interesting litmus test.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    It all means nothing until the playoffs. Who's healthy then and who is not. Last year is case and point with all the Cav's injuries in the finals.
  • Options
    The Warriors are putting on an absolute clinic...
  • Options
    I didn't watch but sounds like a serious butt whooping! Wow! Again though, it's all about who is healthiest come playoff time. Obviously the Warriors are the favorite but long way to go.
  • Options
    This is what happens when Duncan gets doughnuts.
  • Options
    Butt whooping isn't the half of it. Whereas the Spurs ostensibly had one of their patented "it's cool if we gift-wrap this one because one of our studs is down and we've got the big picture in mind" games, the Warriors were clearly prepared to make a statement.

Duncan may have slowed the layup drill somewhat, but even in his prime he wouldn't have changed the outcome of last night's game. The Dubs played near-flawless basketball on both ends until the benches emptied in the 4th. Some of those dimes were nothing short of beauteous. Curry was mesmerizing. If he stays healthy, hellooo emveepee numero dos.

• Options
    No argument. Watching G.S. play hoops is like watching a dozen or so adolescents OD'ing on sweets in a Moonbounce. But without Timmy in a big game that coyote is really a crazy clown.
  • Options
    If you missed the game and want a single play to sum up what went down at Oracle, I present you the following.

Now, I love me some Kawhi Leonard. Dude has blossomed into a bona fide star and is arguably the top lockdown defender in the Association. Not to mention one of the most understated cats in the history of professional sports. But what Steph did to him on this play was so, so filthy.

Linkage

• Options
    Ha! Good luck to any NBA defender. Better off trying to catch wind in a jar.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never imagined that last night's Warriors-Spurs game would be a blow out win (for either team).

The Warriors put on a clinic and just demolished the Spurs. Final score 120-90.

The Spurs are allowing other teams about 89 points per game this season and they are averaging between 14-15 points as a margin of victory this season. That means that the Spurs are scoring about 103-104 points per game while allowing about 89 points per game.

The Warriors had 95 points by the end of the 3rd quarter. The Warriors scored 31 points more than what the Spurs allow and they held the Spurs to 13-14 points below what the Spurs usually score.

The Warrior's loss to Detroit earlier this month seems to have woken them up. They had not been playing all that well before the Detroit loss. They have made an adjustment and are simply playing at a level that is demolishing other top teams in the league. If the Warriors keep playing the way they are playing now and do not suffer injuries that sideline their players, they should win another title.

For fans who like "team" basketball played at a high level on both offense and defense the 2015-2016 Warriors are a joy to watch.
  • Options
    One nice thing about both these teams is they don't seem to have "bad" guys. Or at least not polarizing guys like Kobe or Lebron for example. Just guys playing team basketball.