Home Sports Talk
Options

Down goes Rousey

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Knocked out in the second. Boom

mark
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    She needed to get knocked off her high horse...........she was fighting garbage.
    Stop thinking your some great striker and get back to the judo/armbars.
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched this fight live and it was sheer destruction. Rousey absorbed a number of vicious -- and I mean vicious -- shots. Once it was clear that Holm was as strong (if not stronger) than she was, it was only a matter of time before Rousey saw darkness. At one point Holm even slammed her to the canvas as if to say, "I've got your armbar right here."

Moral of the story: When your reputation is built off of glorified tomato cans, there's a very good chance that your face will get shattered the moment an elite striker steps into the octagon.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm conflicted when it comes to women fighters as far as how they should act.

I know they're professional fighters and that explains a lot but they're women too.

Never cared for Rousey. Too nasty and arrogant for me.

Saw the highlights and post fight interview and already I'm a fan of Holm.

Humble & gracious. Seems very grounded. Awesome interview.

Oh yeah........tough as barbed wire to boot.

Congrats to her and thanks for applying the whoopin'.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Media made her out to be the greatest thing ever. She needed this A** kicking. Wonder if there will be any "my shoulder was torn" or "my knee was hurt" excuses.
  • Options
    Okay... The Rousey Haters all come out... She may have been knocked out and very well had her ass kicked and perhaps she needed a humbling awakening, the reality is any champion in any fighting organization with an undefeated record for that long as she did will eventually feel they are invincible. Yes, the media, UFC, and her kicking ass for years brought that on, which is normal. Since we are talking about UFC, it was Anderson Silva who thought he was invincible too and didn't take Chris Weidman to serious, well it was lights out for him and lost his belt that he held for 7 years. it happens as it did with Rousey and every other fighter, which includes boxers as well. It comes with the territory, but listening to all the trash talk about how the media and some mentioned she thinks she is the best ever in the world. Well, it's a fact SHE IS the greatest woman fighter that has ever fought. PERIOD!

Here are some fun Facts: Rousey was the first U.S. woman to earn an Olympic medal in judo at the Summer Olympics EVER!!

Here are a few other facts to remind you that she is a Champion and one of the most dominate fighters in the world.

2008 Summer Olympics Senior Bronze Medalist
    USA Judo
    USA Senior National Championship (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010)
    USA Senior Olympic Team Trials Winner (2004, 2008)
    2007 US Open Senior Gold Medalist
    2006 US Open Senior Gold Medalist
    2006 USA Fall Classic Senior Gold Medalist
    2006 US Open Junior Gold Medalist
    2005 US Open Senior Gold Medalist
    2005 US Open Junior Silver Medalist
    2004 US Open Senior Bronze Medalist
    2003 US Open Senior Silver Medalist
    2003 USA Fall Classic Senior Gold Medalist
    2002 US Open Junior Gold Medalist

I think you got the point. So she needs to work on her striking and become a better well-rounded fighter and maybe tone down the arrogance. What professional sports person at her level doesn't have a little arrogance?? I am person who respects talented athletes and I ask you this do you think you can take Rousey in the cage if you were 135 lbs or even 180 lbs?? Somehow it will not be a good thing for you.. LOL!
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I'm in the camp where I'm glad she got humbled. Like what Buster Douglas did to Mike Tyson.

I'd still spend a night with her though image
  • Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: MrOrganic
    Well, it's a fact SHE IS the greatest woman fighter that has ever fought. PERIOD!

The only fact is that the above sentence is an opinion image

I never realized what a horrible sport she was before this past weekend. The nonsense at the weigh-in. The refusal to tap gloves at the start. No-showing the post fight presser.

So to me it wasn't so much the arrogance but the horrible sportsmanship.

• Options
    PM770. It is not just an opinion those are facts, but I will play along. Name a Female Fighter that holds a Championship belt for more than 3 years in UFC? Name a woman fighter in any fighting organization who has more wins, titles, medals and trophies at her level? Go ahead...... I will wait......Still waiting.... Ummm... go on you can say it... That is correct the answer is.. there are none! image

Those are true facts, Not an opinion. It actually is your opinion because you do not have the facts to back it up. You state there is another woman who has more wins, medals, titles and trophies at her professional level.
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always someone hungrier and better than you are ready to take you down...sure, she's had a great career thus far but how long has this sport even been in existence for women? It's not like it goes back 100 years..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I have a feeling someone was absent that day in 4th grade when the differences between fact and opinion were taught.
  • Options
    @PM770

LOL...maybe I was absent but not that day...

A fact is anything that is done or happens; anything actually existent! A statement or statements that are true as I had given you many.

An opinion indicating a belief, view, sentiment, conception. I see a difference in these two, perhaps you missed the 4th grade or fallen asleep in class??

Maybe a bias opinion may fit best for you. It is an attitude we have for or against something. A bias opinion usually stems from our feelings rather than from a rational thought process.
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
  • Options
    I'm just busting your chops a little. And it is semantics BUT:

Fact = Rousey has the most wins in UFC of any female (assuming this is true, life is too short to fact check)

Opinion: Rousey is the greatest ever.

Saying someone/something is greater or better will always be in opinion, no matter how many facts can be lined up to support the opinion. Its still an opinion.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavewoman Shiela was the best female fighter ever, I saw her take down a woolly mammoth with her bare hands while fending off a band of Neanderthals.

With a lot of qualifiers (since organized fighting for women were recognized sports, in your lifetime, etc.) MrOrganic may be correct, but it is still an opinion as stated, no bias required. She is the most decorated, has won the most medals, championships, etc. are facts that can be attempted to use in justifying your opinion, but that does not make an opinion a fact. Someone else could easily be of the opinion that Holm is the best female fighter ever since she just defeated Rousey (with all of her accomplishments).

They must be teaching it earlier these days, my 3rd grade son could easily determine the difference between fact and opinion.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PM770
    Originally posted by: MrOrganic
    Well, it's a fact SHE IS the greatest woman fighter that has ever fought. PERIOD!

The only fact is that the above sentence is an opinion image

I never realized what a horrible sport she was before this past weekend. The nonsense at the weigh-in. The refusal to tap gloves at the start. No-showing the post fight presser.

So to me it wasn't so much the arrogance but the horrible sportsmanship.

She didn't "no-show" the post-fight press conference. She went to the hospital. The rest was all bush league, agreed.
  • Options
    @PM770.. LOL! It's all good conversation! Have a good day!
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    so how long does the rematch go?

it did take some talent to knock her out, give her some credit.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image