Home Sports Talk

Packers 2015 Thread

The Packers are 2-0 with massive injuries to their offense. We lost our #1 WR in Nelson for the year and our #1 tackle (Bulaga) for six weeks. Eddie Lacy goes down so we are out three of our top four on offense and we still beat the 'Hawks. It is gonna be a tough ride without Bulaga at tackle but losing Lacy I thought was going to be the downfall of our rushing attack. James Starks sure proved me wrong. And the defense showed up with a bunch of no names last night. Elliot and Pennel are undrafted and played significant time. Hyde and Palmer are 5th and 6th rounders playing loads of snaps too. Gonna be interesting next week against KC.

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyde was the most impressive to me yesterday. He seemed to be involved on almost every single play. I'd like to see Matthews involved more in the pass rush, but whatever works.
  • lommerlommer Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I really like Ty Montgomery, looks like he will be a playmaker. That, along with Rodgers' trust in James Jones, hopefully means the loss of Nelson isn't too bad.
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFC Championship road goes smack through GB. Boooooooo!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Lacy will be day to day which is great news.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I try to catch the packers games if they don't conflict with something else . Mostly just to watch Aaron Rodgers , I think he is the most skilled QB in the league at this point. He didn't disappoint the other night either . I don't know if my Patriots can get back to the superbowl this year with the defense we have but I feel like if they do it will be Green Bay on the other side and that will be a great match up.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im thinking the Pack will be the team representing the NFC this year.

Its hard not to genually like the Packers for whatever reason but I dont think Rodgers is better than Brady though, Im not flaming nor am I trying to derail just my opinion.

Rodgers sure lit it up again last night. Adams goes down on play one and Montgomery steps right in with a couple of grabs and few key blocks. Jones sure came to play again. What a heck of a pickup. With the game in control we were able to get Alonzo Harris in the game for his first two carries of his career. Mike Daniels played particularly well tonight. Clay was healthy and it showed. 3-0 baby!
    Well, Rodgers IS human. Three turnovers this game. He clearly was not at his best but the defense stepped up again and basically assaulted Foles all day. Seeing Gurley for the first time was a site to see. That is something special. My daughter said she wants to see Brady vs Rodgers in the Super Bowl. I would love to see that too but it is way to early to discuss that.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Seeing Gurley for the first time was a site to see. That is something special. . >>

Watched him at UGA, kid is a stud on the field. Keep eyes on him now that he's back in the game from the injury in college.
    Great article about Bobby Dillon. How many of you knew he had one eye and had over 50 interceptions? Bobby Dillon?
    Going up against Denver. Both teams undefeated. Gonna be fun to watch.
    Well that was not fun to watch if you are a Packer fan. We got our tailed handed to us. Kudos to the Denver for a perfect game plan.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    GB just could never get in it
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Denver pass coverage was ridiculous.
    Daniel

I didn't see much in the way of adjustments from Green Bay at half time. It reminded me of the game against Seattle last year. They seemed to just stick to what they were doing from beginning to end .
    baltimoreyank.....true....rodgers threw for 77 yds total? vs 340 by the old(?) guy
    Originally posted by: bronco2078

I didn't see much in the way of adjustments from Green Bay at half time. It reminded me of the game against Seattle last year. They seemed to just stick to what they were doing from beginning to end .

Agreed it was rough. I am a die hard and I turned it off after the safety to watch the World Series. Been a looooong time since I turned off a game.
  • Its still early for them to get it together for their run.
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: FavreFan1971
    Well that was not fun to watch if you are a Packer fan. We got our tailed handed to us. Kudos to the Denver for a perfect game plan.

I'm not sure what you're talking about - that was a great game! Hoping for a few more of those.
    Uggg, two in a row now. Two stinkers. Need Sheilds back from his injury.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! What's happening to the Packers?
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
    Dear Lord. What a nasty three game run. I have no excuses just failing at every aspect of the game recently. At least the Bucks are doing well.
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JoeBanzai
    Wow! What's happening to the Packers?

Mike Ditka curse.
    Hoping for 4 in a row.
    Go Vikes!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
    Ouch. Gotta protect Teddy B better...
    Offensive line is a problem!
    Finally! We got one. Defense played great. O-line is still struggling. Now a short week and we play Jay Cutler.
    Have to give the Packers credit, they came in and soundly beat my Vikings.

I hope the final regular season game will be for the division championship and is a more competitive game!
    Originally posted by: JoeBanzai
    Have to give the Packers credit, they came in and soundly beat my Vikings.

I hope the final regular season game will be for the division championship and is a more competitive game!

Last year it was Lions game at Lambeau like that. Would be a great finish to the year.
    I'm not being disrespectful but this Packer team is not a Super Bowl team, the offense is clearly not playing at the level they should be at, not sure if it's Rodgers or the play calling but this team font scare anyone.
    They are not elite.
    another brutal game to watch as a Packer fan. Wish I would have had the turkey como for the game. The offense is just not there. Defense is doing well. Punting is just plain terrible.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an ending tonight!
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was some finish! And why in the world wasn't Calvin Johnson back there on defense in the end zone??!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    NEVER let aaron run to his right...esp for a 60 yd deep ball and he can set up

and the facemark was the end of the play..cant put yourself in position where the ref can call a penalty
    Crazy finish. Was not a fun first 2.5 quarters to watch for Packer fans. The O-line is using high schoolers because we are so injured. In my opinion if we would have lost that game the season is lost. Looking forward to 10 days off the heal up some of these guys.
    Originally posted by: grote15
    That was some finish! And why in the world wasn't Calvin Johnson back there on defense in the end zone??!!

Funny stuff Tim, because everyone that I talked to about that crazy finish said the EXACT same thing lol
    McCarthy took over play calling and we are now 9-4 and control the division.
    Packers clinch a Playoff spot. Most likely we will have the #3 seed but could squeak out the #2 with AZ losing two straight as they play GB and SEA. But the Pack has to beat AZ and Min to even think of that.

It is crazy to think that two teams with losing records could make the playoffs in both the AFC and NFC
    Well, when it rains it pours. Three starting OL out. Top run stopper out. Top cover corner out. Result. Complete and udder arse whopping.
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even a healthy Packer squad would have problems with Arizona, a team that is peaking at the right time.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
    This Sunday should be a very good game!
    Have to like the Vikings D. Ball bounced GB's way a few times; usually when that happens the outcome is different.
    Great win! Offense needs to do more!!!!!
    alright, do we even have a chance this weekend?
    I don't know much about Washington, but you still have a GREAT QB!!!!!!
    Wow! We are back. We started off like crap but sure finished like champs. Gotta fell for Minn. though.
    Would have rather been blown out!

What a nail-biter that was . I was rooting for the cards but I thought they gave it away and green bay was going to win it after that hail mary .