Home Sports Talk

Who here is willing to pick up and carry the Cowboys banner?

sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
Extremely poor timing for DIMEMAN to get bammed right at the brink of the NFL season.
I really enjoyed his rants and raves about Romo and the 'Boys.
Won't be the same.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why he got "bammed" but most of his posts were idiotic. Seemed to me he posted simply to get an angry response out of people. If this was the case, I don't miss him and don't want him back.

If he decides to try to be a little more civil, I would welcome him back. If he's simply a moron he can stay away. image
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did he do?

Disregard, he was acting up in the Coin forum.

Hope he is back, I liked reading his posts even though alot of them were off the wall.

Matt ( Lawnmowerman) could potentially do a 'Boys thread but he dont post that often anymore.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very impressive clutch performance for Romo at the end tonight image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we finally, once and for all, abolish the ridiculous notion that Romo is not a clutch, 4th quarter QB?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very impressive clutch performance for Romo at the end tonight image >>

Yep! Great to see. The last few seasons he has been clutch.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed, and a very impressive brain cramp by Coughlin.

Many thanks for the extra 40 ticks, coach!

<< <i>Can we finally, once and for all, abolish the ridiculous notion that Romo is not a clutch, 4th quarter QB? >>

I agree Tim! That last drive was amazing. Bad snap and all he tosses the winning td.

<< <i>

Many thanks for the extra 40 ticks, coach! >>

I think the call was okay, but Manning should have taken the sack and kept the clock running instead of throwing it away.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Many thanks for the extra 40 ticks, coach! >>

I think the call was okay. >>

Me too! Best call ever lol!

<< <i>I think the call was okay, but Manning should have taken the sack and kept the clock running instead of throwing it away. >>

You're right, Tim. I guess I should edit and insert the true culprit. The sleight of hand wasn't a bad idea, but under no circumstance should Eli throw that ball away.

<< <i>

<< <i>I think the call was okay, but Manning should have taken the sack and kept the clock running instead of throwing it away. >>

You're right, Tim. I guess I should edit and insert the true culprit. The sleight of hand wasn't a bad idea, but under no circumstance should Eli throw that ball away. >>

Agreed.

Tough break for the Cowboys, though~Bryant out 4-6 weeks with broken foot.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could have hung in to the end...had to crash early, leaving on vacation this AM. I hate to miss an exciting finish, like the Virginia/Notre Dame game, and BYU/Nebraska.

Always kinda liked Romo, but Jerry was/is too much. Tim is a big Cowboys fan, he'll get a thread going in the absence of Dimeman. image

Dumbest thing Romo ever did was to let Carrie Underwood slip through his fingers.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dez out 4 to 6 weeks with a broken foot. I was getting furious that he was never on the field when Dallas sure could have used him. Now I know why. image

Soooo nice to see Sean Lee back. I really hope he can stay healthy this year. I'm a fan.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

Terrance Williams will assume the number one receiver role and do just fine. He is a big play always ready to happen and has proved himself to be more than capable. I'm not worried at all.
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Dimeman was a complete tool. Total homer too. Matt, sorry to hear about Dez.
    I've thought about this more today and I tend to distribute more blame toward Coughlin's direction for the infamous third-down call. Should a 12-year vet who has won multiple SBs and SB MVP trophies know exactly what to do in a situation like that? Sure he should. But one thing to consider is that when you eschew conventional wisdom from two yards out on a play that's designed to (at the very least) keep the clock running, you run the risk of an implosion between the ears. Let's face it, Eli is wired to release the pigskin and make plays. But if the window rapidly closes, option numero dos is to airmail the ball into the third row to ensure that no one gets their mitts on it. Absorbing a sack, otoh, is not instinctive. So when things are moving a million miles a second, I can see how a mental error would come into play when the unnatural is called upon. Why even go there?

Then the bombshell: Rashad Jennings comes out today and states that he was specifically told not to score when they were inside the five. If that is indeed true and I'm a G-Men fan, I'm needing plugs for my ears to prevent steam from exiting. By all means, mess around with Dallas' timeouts instead of concentrating on jamming the ball down their throats and putting the game on ice. I swear, every time I see a team play not to lose I damn near lose my mind. Is it asking too much to possess a scintilla of confidence and a killer instinct instead of overanalyzing the hell out of everything?

And please don't get me started on the prevent defense. Is there anything more gross in the NFL? How many times have we seen a team forgo a pass rush just so they can drop extra players into coverage, which invariably results in a professional quarterback having enough time to find an open receiver and blow his team down the field in no time at all? It's sickening, man.

All in all, the Giants got what they deserved. Here's hoping they miss the playoffs by one game.
    A TD would have iced the game so not sure why Jennings would say that. Bottom line is the Giants didn't make the play they needed to on the goal line and Dallas did. Game over.

Maybe they wanted a tie to force overtime , so they could try an onside kick.image

Lost in the debacle that was the Giants peewee league time management and play calling, was the play of the Cowboys o-line. When was the last game you watched where the qb never had a defensive hand on him? The Giants efforts were as pitiful to watch as dimeman trying to spell Roger Staubach.

I think the only time Romo was touched was after an interception.
    I agree lawnmowerman.
    No doubt these O lineman are the crown jewels of this team.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A TD would have iced the game so not sure why Jennings would say that. Bottom line is the Giants didn't make the play they needed to on the goal line and Dallas did. Game over. >>

Manning told not Jennings not to score on both first AND second downs. He thought Dallas only had one time out ( not two) . Wanted to leave Dallas with next to no time and take out the possibility of a Dallas quick score and successful onside kick. I know. Dumb.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Looking forward to this tough NFC East matchup with the Eagles today.

I'm a Pennsylvania boy but loathe the Eagles.

Hopefully DeMarco Murray doesn't hurt us too bad.

Not good.

I remember landing like that back in '92 playing flag football and broke my right clavicle.

<< <i>Looking forward to this tough NFC East matchup with the Eagles today.

I'm a Pennsylvania boy but loathe the Eagles.

Hopefully DeMarco Murray doesn't hurt us too bad. >>

The only thing that got hurt was Murray's ego. 2 yds rushing LMAO!

And Romo of course but I have faith in Weeden....I think?? Haha
    Can we officially declare Chip Kelly a bust as an NFL head coach?

Holy flag-fest. Ridiculous.

Murray has steam coming out of his ears.

Reinforced my Sean Lee admiration. Awesome game for him.

<< <i>Holy flag-fest.

Reinforced my Sean Lee admiration. Awesome game for him. >>

18 Cowboys flags, a club record. I agree about Lee. Happy to see him back and playing like his old self.

Weeden played well ,nice , soft touch on the TD throw . If the O line can protect him and give him time to make good decisions and they don't try to do too much too quickly with him , Dallas should be okay.

I wonder who they will get to be the backup while Romo is out .

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Weeden played well ,nice , soft touch on the TD throw . >>

Soft touch? It was a line drive throw on a deep slant, not a touch throw and definitely not soft.

<< <i>

<< <i>Weeden played well ,nice , soft touch on the TD throw . >>

Soft touch? It was a line drive throw on a deep slant, not a touch throw and definitely not soft. >>

You say potato I say potato image ,to me touch is putting it precisely in the right place. I agree it wasn't soft that was the wrong word. I usually expect backups when they get dumped into a game to throw pretty erratically . Drilling the ball into the ground at the receivers feet or firing it over his head , I was impressed with how calm and collected he played given the circumstances.

• FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I sure miss Dimeman. I am sure he would say the injury to Romo was done on purpose.
    I was traveling yesterday and listened to the Eagles radio broadcast while doing so. No chance of me falling asleep at the wheel. Their play-by-play guy (Merrill Reese) was disgusted beyond words, so he injected a heavy dose of levity in the second half. I lost count of how many times I chuckled.

For those keeping score thru two games: D Murray has 11 yards on 21 rushes.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can we officially declare Chip Kelly a bust as an NFL head coach? >>

Not yet, but perhaps Bradford as a QB bust. Or both are due to not keeping their O-line from last year, no rushing attack and Bradford hasn't had a lot of time.

<< <i>

<< <i>Can we officially declare Chip Kelly a bust as an NFL head coach? >>

Not yet, but perhaps Bradford as a QB bust. Or both are due to not keeping their O-line from last year, no rushing attack and Bradford hasn't had a lot of time. >>

Kelly has run this team (both literally and figuratively) into the ground.

I can't get a good read on the upcoming Falcons game.

Besides the obvious, we're a little dinged up. Witten and Gregory specifically.

Crossing my fingers on this one. It will set the tone for the temporary Weeden era.

I've been saying the d will be special this year and so far they have not disappointed. If they play like they did last week and the running game really gets going, it should be another win. Keeping the Falcons offense on the sidelines because of a strong rushing attack will be the key to a Cowboys victory.
    Demarco who? image
    Well, I wasn't able to watch. Probably just as well.

Did I hear only 5 rushing attempts in the second half with an 11 point lead? image

Geez, that looked like the 2013 D out there today..

<< <i>Geez, that looked like the 2013 D out there today.. >>

Yeah horrible. Gotta question Garrett's second half play calling as well.

<< <i>

<< <i>Geez, that looked like the 2013 D out there today.. >>

Yeah horrible. Gotta question Garrett's second half play calling as well. >>

More clock management issues ?
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    That was my thought from watching the game but after listening to a few media guys who know thier stuff it seems like the problem was execution. The OL did not play well in the 2nd half, Randle misread a few holes, and the receivers got their back sides handed to them by the falcons. The defense played like garbage in the second half and they need to create turn overs.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
    Boy, watching this Cowboys offense is like watching paint dry. painful.

Ugh! Missed assignment and missed tackle on that final play. image

The winless Saints did all but giftwrap this game for the Cowboys. Other than that last drive, Weeden looks terrible.

Going to be a long season in big D without Romo and Dez.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Going to be a long season in big D without Romo and Dez. >>

Actually, it's looking to be a few games shorter than it could have been image