Home Sports Talk

2015 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok Preseason is over and now we wait till Thursday night for my beloved Pats to take on the Steelers to kick off the season.

Im not super excited about this team as they are a shell of last years SUPER BOWL WINNING TEAM.

Defense took some major hits to free agency

On the Offense ofcourse Kraft and Bellichek left Brady with few options in the passing game, Lafell is on the PUP and they are going in with Edelman, Dobson and Amendola to compliment Gronk.

Doesnt look good on paper but lets hope for the best!

GO PATS!!!

Comments

• I will give the Pats one thing, they rarely look good on paper but still manage to win. Think their aura intimidates mediocre teams. Plus, they always beat the teams they are supposed to beat. Then all they have to do is win 1 or 2 toss up games.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I am not getting the NFL package this year;

I will watch the games that are on for free.

It just is not worth the money that they charge for all those other games I do not even watch.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Jonas Gray getting cut, all this kid ever did was rush for 201 yards against the Colts and right after he goes in Belicheks doghouse and gets run out of town, totally odd but can't argue with The hoodie master.
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone heard anything new about Jonas Gray? Seems odd that no one else has picked him up as well. Something not right here.
    Nice way to start the season image

For the record I expect a SERIOUSLY tough game this Sunday!

GO PATS!!! image
    Great W against the Jills today, however the normal routine of Bellichek putting Brady in a no RB set in Shotgun late in the 4th quarter to throw downfield to starters on the cusp of a sure win is going to bite us sometime.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tough game today , offense looked great again. The defense can't close the door once again and let the other team have hope. Rex Ryan always makes games interesting. Brady Gronk and Edelman looked great again , what a catch by Amendola at the end .

Buffalo fans should be pretty happy with their team this season. Can't help but like Tyrod Taylor , he's fun to watch , plays hard , throws well on the run , if he can stay healthy Buffalo should make the playoffs. image
    I honestly didnt expect a much different outcome, good to see them pound the ball with Blount though image

<< <i>I honestly didnt expect a much different outcome, good to see them pound the ball with Blount though image >>

I'm tired of seeing Brady still in the game in the 4th quarter of these games.image

<< <i>

<< <i>I honestly didnt expect a much different outcome, good to see them pound the ball with Blount though image >>

I'm tired of seeing Brady still in the game in the 4th quarter of these games.image >>

Completely agree with you and I have been saying it for years.

Bellichek own stuborn ways is the Pats worst enemy, in THIS regard the guy is clearly WRONG and its only a matter of time when it will bite him AGAIN.

Look when Gronk got hurt, it was on a meaningless xtra point attempt in a blowout, he justifies it by saying that he puts the best players in every situation and its lunacy at times.

Against Buffalo they had the game in hand by 2 scores and he puts that stupid no back Brady in the shotgun play in to throw it downfield to Edelman or Gronk and it almost cost them the game.

On a related note I want Garappalo to get some work I don't see why the 4th quarter of games like this isn't a good time to give him snaps. Is Brady that a afraid of getting Bledsoed ?image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pats are making a statement this season. They will be tough to beat.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    I got asked the question today.

Will they go 16-0?

I hope IF they do they dont face the Giants image

My answer is flat out no, I dont want that pressure on them at all!

On another note which I never even thought about but heard it on the radio this morning is Amendola giving Brady's 400th TD pass away LOL, they got back but thought it was kinda funny.

<< <i>I got asked the question today.

Will they go 16-0?

I hope IF they do they dont face the Giants image

My answer is flat out no, I dont want that pressure on them at all!

On another note which I never even thought about but heard it on the radio this morning is Amendola giving Brady's 400th TD pass away LOL, they got back but thought it was kinda funny. >>

I thought it was funny he gave it away. Today I heard they got it back and it annoyed me , this isn't baseball .

I wondered briefly if they were worried someone would check the PSI image
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pats are making a statement this season. They will be tough to beat. >>

The Revenge Tour

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    In other news Tom Brady is the AFC Offensive player of the month image
    Not a big Win today, basically a no show by big D without Romo and Bryant so cant get to excited about this one but definately will take the easy W image

<< <i>Not a big Win today, basically a no show by big D without Romo and Bryant so cant get to excited about this one but definately will take the easy W image >>

It wasn't that easy , Brady is going to be pretty sore tomorrow . 5 sacks in the first half ouch. They made a nice adjustment at half time though.

<< <i>

<< <i>Not a big Win today, basically a no show by big D without Romo and Bryant so cant get to excited about this one but definately will take the easy W image >>

It wasn't that easy , Brady is going to be pretty sore tomorrow . 5 sacks in the first half ouch. They made a nice adjustment at half time though. >>

30-6 on paper looks like an easy W but yea Brady took some hits for sure
    Tougher game than I thought last night, geez I thought we were going to blow them out but definately happy with the win.

Classic trick play by the Colts though btw LOL
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

loved the stuff of the extra point by Collins!

Tough game is right. All week the idiots on talk radio were foaming at the mouth that it was a revenge game and we were going to win 70-0 image

One thing that was encouraging yesterday is that it will be easier to beat the seahawks this year in the super bowl because they are going to miss the playoffs and not be there. On the other hand if we play like we did yesterday we won't be there either , it will be the Jets representing the AFC.image

I am in complete awe at how stupid that Pagano trick play was. Biggest WTF moment of the year.

Too bad LaDrop was activated today
    Good game and Win, Gronk could not have been more wide open on that TD that pretty much sealed it. Lafell will be fine, its his first game back and he will chip in as the season progresses.

Safety for two for NE!
    Nice smashing of the fish, a few missed opportunities on the Offense but all in all a solid victory. Defense looked great!
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love or hate, you must respect this team's ability to ascend and contend every single year. Brady is balling out of his ever-loving mind this season (on pace for 5,509, 46 & 2!), and if the D continues to play like they did last night, they'll waltz into Levi's Stadium.
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭
    They look unstoppable at this point.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    so did the 16-0 team...pat experts..which is the better team, now or then?
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
    I think the 16-0 team was better, Im not even thinking about them running the table at this point nor do I care. I want them to stay healthy and get into the playoffs then I will start thinking about the Super Bowl, until then there is way too much football yet to be played.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    i agree. undefeated is entirely worthless if no Super Bowl win. ask the giants.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
    I thought the '07 team was better as well, but they looked REALLY tired towards the end. Sure there were a lot of blowouts on the way to Brady's 50 TDs, but the last few games were tough. Brady had the injured foot going into the SB as well and couldn't move around in the pocket. This made it easier for Giant's pass rush, which was already great to begin with, to stay in Brady's face the entire game.
    I didnt expect much of a contest today but either way it was another solid Win, Blount looked great running the ball and the D played a great game. Very happy with the Pats so far
    Tough loss this weekend. Referring to Dion Lewis, of course. Out for the rest of the year due to a torn ACL.
    Originally posted by: Brian48
    Tough loss this weekend. Referring to Dion Lewis, of course. Out for the rest of the year due to a torn ACL.

That is a tough hit, he really fit the mold of a Shane Vereen type and was playing really well.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Paul...better get the snowblower in shape, won't be long now. image

Al
    Originally posted by: MCMLVTopps
    Hey Paul...better get the snowblower in shape, won't be long now. image

Al

Ughh please dont remind Me AL! image

Hope all is well with you my friend! GO PATS!!! image

Big matchup with the HATED Giants this week, Im honestly thinking they will lose a tight game because the G-Men do have our number, Eli will get super lucky and pull it out Im thinking.

I wont be devestated if we lose, I think the pressure will be mounting if we keep winning and all the undefeated talk will be a distraction.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Eli...

Edelman, Gronk, Brady.

Go Pats!
    Originally posted by: perkdog
    Big matchup with the HATED Giants this week, Im honestly thinking they will lose a tight game because the G-Men do have our number, Eli will get super lucky and pull it out Im thinking.

I wont be devestated if we lose, I think the pressure will be mounting if we keep winning and all the undefeated talk will be a distraction.

no way. Pats roll
    Love my adopted team. Go Pats

mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Well Tim at least you didnt put the Tyree pic in my thread image

LOL, that was my first choice, Paul, but I didn't want to come across as a total tool, lol..

Besides, as a Jets fan, I have little to say anyway, lol..

Originally posted by: grote15

LOL, that was my first choice, Paul, but I didn't want to come across as a total tool, lol..

Besides, as a Jets fan, I have little to say anyway, lol..

Hahaha it's always good with you bud, I am glad I didn't have to counter you with a Jets Jab lol
    Whew

mark
    best game to watch so far this year. In doubt until the last second ticked away