Home Sports Talk

Pennsylvania suing NCAA - really!?

larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
Link

That just seems wrong. I would be pissed if I was a PA taxpayer. Move on already!

Comments

• Agreed with the Governor
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    UNBELIEVABLE, leave it to a politician to pander to the masses. I thought this was a good quote...

<< <i> We are disappointed by the Governor's action today. Not only does this forthcoming lawsuit appear to be without merit, it is an affront to all of the victims in this tragedy - lives that were destroyed by the criminal actions of Jerry Sandusky. While the innocence that was stolen can never be restored, Penn State has accepted the consequences for its role and the role of its employees and is moving forward. Today's announcement by the Governor is a setback to the University's efforts. ” -- NCAA statement on Gov. Tom Corbett's lawsuit >>

• vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    ..and I hope the legal system doesn't just dismiss this but slaps him down hard.
  • ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm from PA, he's not been very popular, he's trying to make brownie points before his 2014 re-election campaign.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    Now Jo Pa's estate is joining in. GO AWAY PEOPLE!

ESPN Article
  • 1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Where was the state government stepping in when the child abuse allegations started up? Why wasn't the state worried about taking care of the kids who were harmed and will never be the same?

But since the governor is at risk to losing his spot, he brings up this nonsense?
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that article larryallen. What a bunch of slimeballs. Paterno said he didn't want to hear about it because he had a football team to worry about. I have no use for people like that

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Joe Paterno won a lot games, but failed big time here and enabled a predator for years.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    shameful
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this whole thing has been and still is a test of character, integrity and moral compass for quite a few people and it is sort of disheartening to see so many fail miserably. Joe Paterno was a Legend at Penn State, I remember watching him at the end coming onto the field with assistance and admiring him. I don't think I could state my current feeling towards the man at this site without putting my membership at risk.