Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

O Pee Chee cards in basic rookie sets?

rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
What gives here? Lately PSA has added the O Pee Chee issues to both the Chipper Jones and Darryl Stawberry RC sets. I have no plans in adding either. Why are they now adding these cards?
Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Beckett recognizes O Pee Chee and Leaf as official RCs. I'm not sure if that's new(er) or not... but seems to be more common now. I know I was bummed earlier this year when the 88 Leaf Mark Grace got added to the his RC set. Screwed up years and years of having a #1 set. It happens, but that's how they look at it... if Beckett classifies it as a RC, then it'll be treated like a RC.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alomar RC set should include his 88 Leaf also since the 88 Leaf is in the Grace set.
  • Options
    bswhitenbswhiten Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    The Strawberry OPC is his toughest rc to get in a 10 - but I'm sure it will pop up at some point. I lucked out and got the Dmitri Young 10 last year. Members are requesting the add to their sets. I did it last week for Bo's 87 Leaf.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Frank Thomas RC set changed Wednesday. I had to pick this up to get back up to #1

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

I just noticed a few of my sets added O-Pee-Chee too. Puckett, Maddox, Bonds, etc. In the past, PSA would email us and create a poll asking if we wanted a certain card added to the set. I didn't get anything, I just happened to notice the change when I was adding updates to other sets.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if that will be universal across the board with player rc sets?

OPC goes back to 1965 I think.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:
    I wonder if that will be universal across the board with player rc sets?

OPC goes back to 1965 I think.

For those that have an OPC RC perhaps, but with the smaller set size many players don't have an OPC RC.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

What I meant is that If and only if there was a OPC RC for a particular player...PSA automatically includes this card in a RC set. Obviously if no card exists then no card can be included.

I believe there is no BB OPC team sets......or none have been submitted.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think they're automatically included for existing sets, but if a member requests it, they're allowed now.

OPC team sets have been requested and turned down many times.