Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Darryl Strawberry Basic Set

rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been working on this set for almost a year now. Hopefully the Doc & Darryl 30 for 30 will cause more of his cards to hit the market. Is there anyone else out there working on this currently? Or looking to sell off what they have. I am doing my best to only add PSA 10s to my registrty which makes it slow going, and a bit more of a challenge.

I actually created a Digital Album of my current progress

Strawberry Basic Set

I also created another digital album using the Showcase Feature of the Registry so I could include Traded and Update cards, as well as others I may add like the 1984 Drakes. I also grouped it by manufacturer instead of by year, because I like to look at each Topps/Donruss/Fleer sets together

Strawberry Showcase

I did not use the Master set because there were so many issues I have no interest in collecting included in those type sets.
Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Nothing to contribute here except to say that I love that set...brings back a ton of childhood memories from when I was a kid collecting him, Bo, and Mattingly...well done and keep up the good work.

Jimmy.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jimmy, I appreciate it.
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I do not collect him per we but think I have all his Topps cards/issues through 1994. Just base set Topps cards after that.

I grew up in St Louis and found it interesting that he ended up founding a church and ministry there ( a suburb).
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • bswhitenbswhiten Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Nice sets!
    I loved Strawberry as a kid. I have his basic rookies - 83Traded, 84 Donruss and Fleer, and all of the 84 Topps variations in a 10 (nestle, tiffany, topps, opc) - including the Dmitri Young O-Pee-Chee 10. Don't come to this site much and have no clue how to upload pics...
    Originally posted by: bswhiten
    Nice sets!
    I loved Strawberry as a kid. I have his basic rookies - 83Traded, 84 Donruss and Fleer, and all of the 84 Topps variations in a 10 (nestle, tiffany, topps, opc) - including the Dmitri Young O-Pee-Chee 10. Don't come to this site much and have no clue how to upload pics...

Awesome. You can direct link from your registry using IMG code.

I have struck out on grading the Nestle (9) and Tiffany (8). I have an OPeeChee to submit on my next sub.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved straw growing up. Such a talent. The 30 for 30 was great. I think I may start the set. I got to meet Darryl two years ago. He was very nice/personable. He seems to have put the demons behind him. What could have been.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His 1983 Topps Traded RC is probably one of the best looking rookie cards of the 1980's. A perfectly centered in game action swing with his eyes looking at where he hit the ball. Of all the cards I own that is my most favorite.
    Mike
    he has tons of great looking cards. The 83 Topps traded of course is a classic, but I love his 1986 Fleer as well his 1985 Fleer which is one of the first sets I actively collected
  • Originally posted by: craig44

Loved straw growing up. Such a talent. The 30 for 30 was great. I think I may start the set. I got to meet Darryl two years ago. He was very nice/personable. He seems to have put the demons behind him. What could have been.

I've met Doc Gooden twice and he too was very nice and humble and seemed to have his life together.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doc was a popular autograph guest in Cooperstown this past weekend. He seemed really personable and took the time to speak with fans and take pictures

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.