Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1978 - 1980 opc sets come to a crashing halt

olb31olb31 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have quite a few of all of these, but collecting these sets have been really frustrating. Only about 2 people even list these cards on a consistent basis. And when they do they ask an arm and a leg.

When I first started collecting these sets, several people and various people where selling these and you could pick up 10's for $30 to $40. No though everyone wants $100 for anybody and they aren't selling many. A total of 7 1978 and 1980 Psa 10's have sold in the last 3 months. Now that's low.

This is what happens when there is no diversity in the grading process. Since these two vendors have little or no competition, they just ask what they want, and they leave the registry collectors in a bind. for those who have a good memory, 4SC would lower their prices every week until they sold it. But 4 years, this strategy changed and too the detriment of the registry.

I send in a few from time to time, but I usually get 8's and a occasional 9, so it's not very fruitful for me to send in a large quantity. Just thought I would get that of my shoulders.
Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    1. has

2. were

3. Now

4. ago

5. to

6. an

7. off
  • Options
    Thanks for the grammer lesson.
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanBessette
    1. has
    2. were
    3. Now
    4. ago
    5. to
    6. an
    7. off

+1

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    I am not quite sure everything going on here, but I have been collecting/dealing in O-Pee-Chee Baseball for many, many years.
    In fact, I currently have up over 40-1971's PSA 7-9 starting at $9.99 with no reserve, so as far as what you are saying about
    people asking an arm and a leg, that would NOT apply here. You bid what you want, if you win, you win what you want at what
    you want to pay.

On the other hand, anyone can ask ANY PRICE for ANY card. That doesn't necessarily mean they will get those prices. You can
    always make offers as well to those people.

Don't let anyone discourage you from collecting these scarce cards. To me, its the thrill of finding those GEMS out there hidden
    in the bushes somewhere! Don't give up!

Just my 2CW

Tony
    KalineFan
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: olb31
    Thanks for the grammer lesson.

1. grammar

• Options
    ya'll are bein so tuff on me.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    While 4SC use to lower their prices with every re-listing, I have seen one seller raise his price every time he relists the same card. that is one cool business model.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    OLB-- I understood you just fine...and my middle name is Grammar
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955