Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

car accident w/ psa collection, re-grade necessary?

Looking to see if anyone has any experience with anything like this. Was moving across the country and got rear-ended by a semi. Had my entire collection with me and it got tossed around a bit. Bunch of cases got cracked, but my main thing is that the cards in the casings that move a little could be damaged. Any advice on how to prove to an insurance company that this should be covered as part of my property damage claim? Or how to get PSA to make a recommendation on how to proceed with a collection that has kind of been in an accident?

Comments

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a policy with someone like Collectibles Insurance Services (collectinsure), or a similar company?
  • Options
    No policy at all!

Is it game over?
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    If the semi rear-ended him, he should be submitting the costs of the re-slabbing and review to the truck driver's insurance, not his own. They will push for a quick settlement, but you need to carefully consider all the damage done, lost time, extra costs, etc.
  • Options
    I know about PSA re-slabbing, but is the review part of it as well? That is my main concern- I don't want to have a flawed collection and if the cards are damaged in their casings, I would want that reflected in PSA's database.