Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official Chipper Jones Set Registry

It looks like there are 20 Chipper registry sets established already, so I thought I'd start a registry set thread for us and for future board members who are interested in starting one as well. The basic set has a current composite of 129 with 8 sets already established. The master set has a current composite of 960 with 12 sets already established. Hopefully, we can get an active thread going here for general player discussion, B/S/T, group subs, or whatever.

-Michael
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    #3 Master,#4 Basic.

I'm going to need to pick up a PSA 10 '91 Bowman at some point.
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    I believe he is the only one to be in the 40th,50th and 60th Topps sets.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • HuncrelanHuncrelan Posts: 216
    How about Omar vizquel? I'm not a topps collector, but he's been around a long time.
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    Jamie Moyer has cards in each set as well.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    I'll post the first scans to this thread. I'm a huge CJ fan and looking through my cards I found this 1992 Classic BC7, I can't find it in the registry or on ebay. Just wondering if anyone had any info on this card, I don't think it is worth subbing since the back has some chipping.

Edit... I found other players and did find it listed under set compostion. It looks like just hasn't been subbed yet. I see tons of Jeters for sale no Chipper Jones.

Here is a 1996 Leaf Limited Gold card of Chipper.

• mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll post the first scans to this thread. I'm a huge CJ fan and looking through my cards I found this 1992 Classic BC7, I can't find it in the registry or on ebay. Just wondering if anyone had any info on this card, I don't think it is worth subbing since the back has some chipping.

Edit... I found other players and did find it listed under set compostion. It looks like just hasn't been subbed yet. I see tons of Jeters for sale no Chipper Jones.

>>

I'm not surprised couldn't find it in the registry. The registry members have a ton of stuff in the master set already, but there are lots of holes that can be filled. Get it slabbed and add it to the master set!
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Will do, I'm working on a huge sub and I'm planning on adding Chippers to the sub.

Paul
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about Omar vizquel? I'm not a topps collector, but he's been around a long time. >>

Is Visquel still playing? I don't know if he has a 2011 though same goes for Moyer. I know
    Ivan Rodriguez has a 91 Topps Traded but he wasn't in the 40th anniversary set.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

<< <i>

<< <i>How about Omar vizquel? I'm not a topps collector, but he's been around a long time. >>

Is Visquel still playing? I don't know if he has a 2011 though same goes for Moyer. I know
    Ivan Rodriguez has a 91 Topps Traded but he wasn't in the 40th anniversary set. >>

Omar is playing 3rd base for the White Sox, not sure if he has a Topps card in 2011.

Paul
    Chipper 1991 Topps Tiffany PSA 10 just went for 282.77 on ebay. Really impressive price for that card....

Yeah, I saw that one with a few days left on it. Nice card.

I picked up a '91 Bowman 10 a week or so ago, pushing my GPAs up to 10.00
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    im still looking for an O-Pee-Chee PSA 9
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
    Allright- My master set is published. I have exactly 0.83% of the required 960....nine HUNDRED and sixty cards.. needed to finish. I am pretty sure that if I ever get to 25%, I will stop at that point and call it a moral victory.

I have been accumulating raw inserts and should have a sub ready for about 25-35 in the next month or so.

-Michael

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    I did some looking around and found Jamie Moyer had 1991 topps #138, 2001 #450 & 2011 # 232.
    Omar Vizquel has 2011 topps #243, 2001 #591 & 1991 #298.
    Since I'm a newbe I thought I'd do the grunt work and look these up.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball

<< <i>I did some looking around and found Jamie Moyer had 1991 topps #138, 2001 #450 & 2011 # 232.
    Omar Vizquel has 2011 topps #243, 2001 #591 & 1991 #298.
    Since I'm a newbe I thought I'd do the grunt work and look these up. >>

No more references to Jamie Moyer. This is the Chipper thread. Put the Moyer references in the T206 thread or wherever his RCs can be found.

• ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    you guys need to post slab scans!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Chipper Jones Rookie Set Survey

Why add the 1991 O-Pee-Chee #333 if you are not adding the 1991 Topps Micro #333, the 1991 Topps Tiffany #333, or the 1991 Topps Desert Shield #333?

Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rookie Player Sets:
    Rookie sets contain cards which are recognized as official rookie cards by the industry. Some sources include Leaf and OPC issues. If these are requested by the collector who has requested the set, then the composite will include those cards when it is loaded. Once the set goes live there will be no additions/deletions made to the set.

ETA: I am not a huge fan of these rules, the Larkin rookie registry is only 3 cards and I'd rather have all 12 issues from his rookie year included, but they've been that way for a long time and never included parallels.
    Anyone have any idea why the 1992-94 Topps cards have been removed from the Basic Set and the Basic Topps Set?
  • Bearkat21Bearkat21 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    I'm actually about to start, but I'm going small. No way I can tackle all of these. I'm going to go for just his base Topps card each year in a 10 and see how that goes.