Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Stan Musial Set Registry

Recently completed the Basic Set, and now am tackling the Master Set. Always looking to upgrade any Basic cards and of course add any of the Master cards that I need. Let me know if you can be of any help. I will add new additions as they arrive. Hopefully a couple of the other Master Set builders will add their new additions as well.

My Basic Set:

Comments

• Options
    Nice cards. You put a Pujols auto as the 48 Bowman.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice cards. You put a Pujols auto as the 48 Bowman. >>

Yea, I caught that, Not sure what happened there, but its been fixed.
  • Options
    Recent Additions to the Master Set:

63 Topps Pride of N.L.-I've had this for a while

1954 Red Heart Dog Food

1949 Eureka Stamp

1950 R-423
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice cards Matt. I really like the peel-off.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Great cards. Great player. Also a good harmonica player. He has an album you can often find on ebay
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    Great basic Musial set, Matt. Cool master set cards too; I've never seen the Eureka stamp before. Keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    Nice work Matt! I look forward to expanding on our 2 sets...
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great cards. Great player. Also a good harmonica player. He has an album you can often find on ebay >>

Not again...... image
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Sorry. I still get residuals
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Musial's! He's on my top 10 cards list. I see you are building the Clemente Basic, are you trying to get everything 8 and above like the Musials?
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Musial's! He's on my top 10 cards list. I see you are building the Clemente Basic, are you trying to get everything 8 and above like the Musials? >>

I will probably eventually get the Clemente set built with every card being a PSA 8 or better except for the rookie card, but to be honest its not primary focus right now. I will probably pick up a new Clemente card every couple of months, but I am focused on the Musial Master set right now.

Here is my newest acquisition. I will have to crack this and send to PSA. I am hoping this will pull at least a PSA 5. These Wheaties premium test photo's are NOT easy to find.

1951 Wheaties Premium Test Photo
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice 1962.image
  • Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    Great cards of a classy player and person.
  • Options
    Newest Additions to the Musial Master Set:

1958-61 Jay Publishing Pose to Waist
  • Options
    I love the Musial Berk Ross cards, so when I had the chance to pick up 2 of the 1951 Berk Ross cards, I decided that two would be better than one. The bottom card is labelled as a 52 Berk Ross, but its a mistake on the flip from PSA. I will have them correct it at the National.

51 Berk Ross
  • Options
    My newest pick-up for the Musial Master set. This card needs to be recased BAD, but I cleaned it up as nicely as I could. This card gets me to just over the 40% completion mark.

• Options
    My newest addition to the Musial Master Set. This will probably be the last addition to the set before the National. I have 5 or 6 tough cards to get graded at the National, that will be additions to this set. For the time, I will enjoy this beauty of a Redman. Pop 9 with 4 graded higher.

• Options
    Sweet card Matt!!
  • Options
    Matt,

Thanks for sharing your Musials here. The other day I left a comment right in your Musial Master Set. All of your cards present well and I appreciate you gracing us with their presence. Congrats on scooping up a few of the obscure ones that are low population in their grade. Even at less than half complete, yours is already a highly ranked set!

-Keith
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Great Musials! Had he played in NY he'd be as big as Mantle.
    This one is 3 years past his retirement, but I still like it.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Anthony, Very nice piece. I've never seen that, but I certainly want one now. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for sharing your Musials here. The other day I left a comment right in your Musial Master Set. All of your cards present well and I appreciate you gracing us with their presence >>

Thanks very much Keith, I appreciate the kind words.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For the time, I will enjoy this beauty of a Redman. Pop 9 with 4 graded higher. >>

Very nice '53 Red Man. Would you mind revealing what you paid? (I also have a 7 but they sell so infrequently that it's hard to gauge a current value.)
  • Options
    It's been a while since I have been able to add anything to my Musial Master Set. I had some help from a couple board members over the last week and have a couple new addditions. This gets me to 47% complete with 5 or 6 cards going to the National to be graded and added to this set as well.

1963 NL Batting Leaders

1952 Berk Ross
  • Options
    Matt, those are beauties. Can't wait to see what you buy at the National.
  • Options
    Picked this up the other day. I'm really happy as its a pop 1 with only one graded higher.

• Options
    Nice pick up!!
  • Options
    hoopguru33hoopguru33 Posts: 611 ✭✭
    Matt:

Very nice set. I enjoy looking at the great cards you have collected. Keep us posted.
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: BKritz; Akuracy503; Rogermjn; MBMiller25; Artimus; JasonM32; Burke23; Alnavman; InitialD; Gregmo32; Ping4u43; Rbdjr1; Rexvos; Drewsef; Italianstallionyankees; Zep33; Samsgirl214; Bunker; Swartz1; MeteoriteGuy; Itzagoner; VitoCo1972; Saucywombat; RaptorsRule04; Dboneesq; Hallco; ldferg; Hawaii76; Epatmythes; Vladguerrero; Calaban7; Cardcounter2; BobS; Recbball; BarkusD; ShootyBabitt: WalterSobchak; Mrmint23; Nightcrawler729
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice set. I enjoy looking at the great cards you have collected. >>

Barry, Thanks very much for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

Here is a card I have actually owned for a while, but got graded at the National along with a couple other cards that unfortunately PSA didnt have holders large enough for at the National so I will recieve those back later.

This 1957 Post Card is difficult as this is a POP 2 card with a PSA 6 being the only graded higher and its a POP 1 card. I was pleased, as Frank Ward gave me a nice deal on this card raw.

• Options
    I took my 1951 Berk Ross Stan Musial to the National on Sunday to get PSA to grade.
    I'm very happy as it came back a PSA 8.
    I'm not sure exactly what a PSA 8 goes for but if your interested in bumping up make me a offer.
  • Options
    pm sent
    scan sent also

thanks
  • Options
    Post National Addition:

• Options
    Crossed the SGC 6 over to PSA, and unfortunately it took a hit. This is an incredibly difficult card, with a PSA 5 being the highest graded.

• Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool card Matt (and nice scan! With the lid open?)
  • Options

<< <i>Cool card Matt (and nice scan! With the lid open?) >>

Thanks Andy, Yes with the lid open.
  • Options
    Another Difficult card knocked off my list. 1951 Wheaties. This card was found on the back of wheaties boxes.

• Options
    Figured I would throw this up here as well. Musial Unused ticket to his final game. Extremely tough ticket to find period, but to find unused, is damn near impossible. PSA has graded/autheticated just 2, and this has graded the highest.

• Options
    Matt, The Wheaties card is a outstanding. Congrats on that pick up.
  • Options
    My most recent pickup. Made it a biggie! Will have to recoup some funds before doing anymore buying.

• Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I would share this 1946 M114 St. Louis Cardinals World Champions photo that pre-dates Stan's rookie cards.

• Options

<< <i>I thought I would share this 1946 M114 St. Louis Cardinals World Champions photo that pre-dates Stan's rookie cards. >>

Great Piece, I love these team photo's.
  • Options
    Well, Thanks to Matt, I've done it....I've started the Musial Basic set....As I sell my '56s, I'll be buying the Musials.

Here is my 1st:

Thank again Matt for such a great card....hopefully it will bump.
  • Options
    Paul, Nice card. Good luck on the Musial set. Still waiting for the Clemente RC
  • Options
    Enjoy Paul, I am looking forward to watching you put the set together.
  • Options
    Haven't added much since making the large 48 Leaf purchase. Added these over the last couple weeks. Down to 16 cards for completion of the Musial Master Set. Currently at 72% complete.

Pretty excited about landing this. Tough cards to find in decent shape.
  • Options
    Matt, Great looking cards. Congrats.
  • Options
    Looks like I might be picking up a 49 Bowman PSA 5, I'll post a pick if I can complete the deal.
  • Options
    So this week was good to me (for the most part) I picked up the '49 Bowman PSA 5, and a '59 Topps PSA 7. I'll post pics on Sunday since I'll be in Vegas this weekend. (When is the National going to come to the West Coast!?) I bid on a nice '62 PSA 8 today, someone had a 24 hour listing, but I bid too low and was sniped.
  • Options
    Look forward to seeing your new additions Paul. Congrats
  • Options
    Here are my two new pick ups. I did also win a '63 PSA 7 this weekend. I'm already 4 down!

'49 Bowman PSA 5 - nicely centered.

'59 Topps PSA 7 - won this on Ebay from BKritz

Matt, have you ever thought about changing this thread to "The Official Stan Musial Registry"?