Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Thank you Gayle -- Rainbow Eye Candy has arrived!

Want to publicly thank Gayle from the Registry Staff for talking a computer illiterate through the registry process today. My 65th ranked Proof Washington Quarter set (1936-64) is up.

Although the set is not highly ranked since it only runs 1950-64, it contains 3 coins I consider to have "wonder coin color," and overall the set is eye candy.

Edited to add PCGS did a decent job on the photos, although a few are nicer in hand.
"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Comments

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see them!!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The suspense is killing me - this sounds great image
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainbowroosie's Proof Washingtons

Can't wait to see these beauties!

Later, Paul.
  • labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awaiting with breathless anticipation...image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, Christmas morning ain't here yet...?? No photos posted as of COB Friday...

Just to tease you, I added two available TruViews to my newly created Roosie proof set...13 more I need to send in to PCGS...on the bright side, I'm already up to number 109 in the 1950-64 category!??
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    I added two available TruViews to my newly created Roosie proof set..

My, my...where did that 1961 come from? image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
    You know where!!! Best thing is there are several more like it!!??
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    Still no Pics image
    Well, we're waiting...image
    Alas, so am I. ??????

Seriously, this is disappointing.
    Pics are up. Very impressive
    Sweet Billy!!!
    Bill: Your set is sensational! Congratulations.

And, it made me think of something ...

Should the Registry for Proof Washington Quarters add two additional sets...

1. 1936-1942 Proof Quarters
    2. 1950-1964 Proof Quarters

As shown in your collection, the earlier coins (with virtually zero chance for Cameo or DCAM) are different than the 1950-1964 coins. Your set starts in 1950. Would you like a registry set for just 1950-1964 Proof Quarters?

Let me know your thoughts.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the wait was worth it. Super set of toners!

Ken
    Wondercoin,
    Your comment was spot on. I was truly surprised that there is no 1950-64 set. Obviously, I consider this a complete set. You are also correct about the 1936-42 set. It also is a complete set in my opinion. Really, I've always considered the two to be the "old" and "new" silver proof sets....the same for Roosies and Franklins...??
    I agree. I think there should be 2 sets added to the registry as Mitch Stated.
    I just sent an email to BJ, but she is out of the office until 8/15 (most likely in Anaheim). Wondercoin.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous Eye Candy.

Congrats on putting together such a beautiful set of toned proof quarters.
    Now, if I had Wondercoin's money, I'd build that killer toned 1936-42 set...that could be a fabulous set of gems!!!??
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also took a look at your toned proof dimes. Only 2 photos are present but my of my what lovely dimes you have.

Attractively toned silver proof Washington quarters are not easy to find. Even more difficult is finding attractively toned clad proof Washington quarters from 1968-1998. Same goes for the 1965-67 SMS clad Washington quarters.
    A clad set pretty toned is near impossible...
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW.....Beautiful set of Washington Quarters!

Hope you get the new set built 50-64.
  • Great looking set !

• Rainbowlover1

Roosie dimes (proof) will get photographed at FUN.