Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Can't add slab to registry

Hi guys. You helped me once before regarding this problem and I'm hoping you can again. This time it's a Texas Centennial in an old (green?) holder. Everytime I enter the number into quick entry it says I've got an invalid number.

Comments

• Green18Green18 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    How do you upload a picture? I don't see any options for that.
    Well, seein' as I can't post the picture, I'll give you folks the number as it appears on the label.

09384.63/5003223
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That cert # is no good. Call PCGS

Later, Paul.
    Thanks. Will try.......
    I sent an email containing the images of the slab. Hopefully, will hear back soon.
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first I had seen of this thread, but when I read it I immediately thought the cert number would begin with 50. Many years ago (perhaps as far back as 2000 or earlier) PCGS mentioned that there had been a database glitch and that some coins with numbers that began with 50 would display incorrectly (as another coin or as invalid). I don't know if there was any recourse at that time other than a new holder and number, maybe tat is now changed. Regardless, over the years I have handled around a half-dozen of these coins and they are all real and I have never sent them in for a new number.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Thanks Tom. I don't really want to send the slab in, as I like the old holder.
    Shoot.......anyone got some pointers on how to upload pics on this forum?
  • gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    on Photobucket (or other hosting site) Click "direct " under "Links to share photos" (don't use one with the [img]xxxx[img] already in the link).

Hit "Reply" (not Quick Reply).

Click the picture frame ( after the U)

paste in the "direct" link from Photobucket, et al

hit enter

Originally posted by: gnat
    on Photobucket (or other hosting site) Click "direct " under "Links to share photos" (don't use one with the [img]xxxx[img] already in the link).

Hit "Reply" (not Quick Reply).

Click the picture frame ( after the U)

paste in the "direct" link from Photobucket, et al

hit enter

Shoot. Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks Gnat.......

What the devil is wrong with the clock on this site? Daylight savings time two years ago?
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on getting the pic posted.

Your pic sucks, btw. image

A shame that the database is messed up around that range, as TomB mentions.

I don't remember hearing that.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have experienced that same problem from time to time. All you need to do is email in images of the front and back of the slab (as you have done) and PCGS will manually re-enter the necessary data into their database to fix the problem.
    ^^^^^^

I was wondering if something like that could be done.

Refreshing.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

Originally posted by: sparky64
    Congrats on getting the pic posted.
    Your pic sucks, btw. image

A shame that the database is messed up around that range, as TomB mentions.
    I don't remember hearing that.

Well, thanks for the compliment. It was a quick shot for illustrative purposes only. I'll post a better picture for your discerning eye later.

BTW.......I called customer service and they told me to send an email with the pics attached. They never got back to me. I've done so in the past, and they never get back to me. What a joke. The company that cares? Not on your life..........
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Green18

I sent an email containing the images of the slab. Hopefully, will hear back soon.

What email address did you use? If you used info@pcgs.com, try this one instead ..... setregistry@collectors.com
    Thanks Bob. I used the 'info' one.......I'll give your suggestion a go.
    Well, they did get back to me thanks to Bobs' email addy........says they're sending the pics over to customer service.

Well, they did get back to me thanks to Bobs' email addy........says they're sending the pics over to customer service.

Good news!!
  • UMCaneUMCane Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this has been answered yet, but you add the photo after it's placed into your inventory. So you need to get by the Cert # issue first.
    You would add the photos Stet Registry...My Set Registry...my Inventory screen.

"Just because you were born on 3rd base doesn't mean you hit a triple"

Originally posted by: UMCane
    I don't know if this has been answered yet, but you add the photo after it's placed into your inventory. So you need to get by the Cert # issue first.
    You would add the photos Stet Registry...My Set Registry...my Inventory screen.

I know that..........the cert. number does not appear at all in the data base.

I've been advised to ship the coin back to PCGS on their dime.

Decisions, decisions..........

I've been advised to ship the coin back to PCGS on their dime.

Decisions, decisions..........

Hmmmm. Reholder?

I like cardinal's solution better.

Wonder why that won't work in this case?

I really don't want to re-holder it (I like the old slab) but if I want to add the coin to my registry it seems I have to choice.
    I don't understand why PCGS would need to take it out of the holder.

It's obvious they put it in.. All they would need to do is add the number in the data base.
    I know Bob, and others have told me this has been done for them by the powers that be.

But..........I've decided not to send it back. I messaged them this morning telling them thank you for the re-holder/new number option and thanked them for their time. I'll buy another coin for the registry. Heck, it's not like there ain't none out there and OGH's you don't see every day.
  • PerfectionPerfection Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    Many times you will have to copy and fax the front and back of the holder
    to PCGS and they will fix the problem.

The registry department has wonderful CS.
    Originally posted by: Perfection

Fax the pics? image

• Originally posted by: Perfection

True, CS was superb, but they told me the coin had to be reholdered. Not something I want to do.

Thanks again all for your help in this matter fellows.