Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Creating a new registry set

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does any one have any experience in working with PCGS to create a new registry set?

I am working on type sets of several Latin American series like a Central American Republic set, and an Argentinian Surface set. These sets and series are absent from the PCGS Set Registry. Any experience or advice on having sets like this added?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contact BJ Searls at setregistry@collectors.com

She is the one that can help....Good luck image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I requested the SF-mint type, gold set and complete set about six years ago, initiating the process just by sending an email to setregistry@pcgs.com. Cosetta Robbins replied the next day with, "We will go over your set requests with the PCGS experts and get back to you."

In my request, I stated which sets I was requesting, a rough outline of each composite, and why I felt the sets were warranted. At the time, there were already type, complete, and/or branch mint gold sets for Charlotte, Dahlonega, Carson City, and New Orleans, but none for San Francisco, so I figured that would help me. My request was made on July 29, 2010 and I received another email from Cosetta on September 10 telling me the set composites were up and live. I imagine that once they decide they are doing the set, they have to figure out all the weightings, which can take time with larger sets.

Last year, I also worked directly with BJ Searls to add a few hundred missing coins to the Foreign Coins minted at US Mints set composite. She was very responsive and very hands-on during the whole process, trading emails with me throughout the QA process.

In short, if you send an email to the general email, set requests are going to bubble up to Cosetta and BJ anyway, so if you have a relationship with either I suppose you could email them directly. I hope you get your new sets... I've admired coins from those two proposed sets for years.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I exchanged notes with BJ. She will look at them in the next 1-2 weeks.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BJ is great to work with.