Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

mercurydimeguy: 50 under $50 thread

This is an interesting numismatic project I started. the purpose is to show newer collectors or people on tight budgets, that you can still assemble and eye appealing, diverse collection of coins without breaking the bank. No coin listed here can cost more than $50.

1957-D Lincoln Cent -- Cost: $28

1957-D Roosevelt Dime -- Cost: $28

1943-S Jefferson Nickel -- Cost: $31

Comments

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Later, Paul.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, because of how I account for the cost of my coins, are you saying that they are your stated price WITH the grading? Or without?

I account for the price of my coins as they are.....ie, if raw, then the raw price. If slabbed, then the price I paid for them slabbed (ie...as it was if slabbed when purchased, or the raw price + grading costs (shipping/ins/TPGS fee/etc)).

I find that, if I have to send any in, very few will have a "cost" under $50.

Yes, some will...but few.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Bochiman

Out of curiosity, because of how I account for the cost of my coins, are you saying that they are your stated price WITH the grading? Or without?

I account for the price of my coins as they are.....ie, if raw, then the raw price. If slabbed, then the price I paid for them slabbed (ie...as it was if slabbed when purchased, or the raw price + grading costs (shipping/ins/TPGS fee/etc)).

I find that, if I have to send any in, very few will have a "cost" under $50.

Yes, some will...but few.

Yes! These two were bought already slabbed. Amazing as the coins have nice eye appeal and given the price of getting coins slabbed, there are some really pretty already-slabbed coins to be had under $50.

I have anothe coin to add that cost me $27 already slabbed, and I had some credit over at CAC so I sent it in and it stickered.

Will add once I have a poll to judge the eye appeal.
  • mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    New inductee into the set image