Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Completed My MPL Set. Yay!

I am pretty excited today, finally added the VDB proof! It came by Registered Mail and for me, following the tracking was like watching paint dry. Registered Mail is supposed to be the safest mail option but is notorious for being slow. They keep it all under lock and key and every time it moves, someone has to sign a form. It would arrive at a stop along the way and then sit there, and sit there and sit there...I was starting to go crazy. When it arrived at the sorting station here where I live, it stopped cold again! There it was, just a few miles from my house and I could do NOTHING about it except wait.

I'm not the world's most patient person so I was actually losing sleep over it. By the time it finally did get here, I was pretty spent. Over a coin! (there's a bad joke in there somewhere)

Anyways, I'm happy now! A complete set of Matte Proof Lincolns. :-) It isn't as big nowadays as it would have been in those heady days back in 2008-2012 but I'll take it.

Pictures of the set are in the 2 Registries for MPLs under the name "deefree". Please take a look and as you do, hold this thought: He's broke now but he's very happy.
Lincoln coin lover, especially Matte Proofs

Comments

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!!

The 1909 VDB is awesome.

I'm adding a link to your set to make it easy for people to find.

Let me know if you'd rather me not and I'll remove it.

defree's MPL Lincoln set

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• deefree49deefree49 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    Sparky64 - Thanks for the congrats! I appreciate the link! No problem whatsoever. I would have done it but my computer skills are pretty lacking. BTW, I love that joke at the end of your posts and my wife does too!
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very,very nice . Congrats.
  • RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice set, I especially like the 1911, I could never find a nicely toned 1911. Congratulations on completing this difficult set!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

Thank you to Golden and RichieURich! Appreciate the kind words. image
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice way to finish the set.........with a bang! Congratulations on the VDB and finishing a wonderful set of MPL's.
    Thank you Bob! Believe it or not, you're coins and pictures were a definite inspiration. I also liked your positive message when I started!

I only regret coming so late when most of the people have gone on to other things. Hopefully it will cycle around again.
  • FunwithMPLFunwithMPL Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    Nice job on your very nice Matte Proof Lincoln set.

Doggiedad
    Collector
    Thank you Carl!

I have been deep into your book the last couple days. I've been matching up diagnostics on the VDB and my other MPLs too. I didn't realize at first that you had a different coin pictured for all the different dies, Obverse AND Reverse...AND early and late die states. Must be nice!

My entire lot of MPLs is just 11 coins. One of each and an "extra" 1913 and 1915.

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Congrats! That's a nice accomplishment. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been out of town for a few days so sorry for delay in replying. This is a huge accomplishment and one worth celebrating. This is a set that is achievable if you throw some $ around, but finding quality MPLs with eye appeal is not an easy task. Well done!
    Hydrant, Keyman64 and lusterlover, Thank you for the support and kind words! I had help along the way, especially from Angel Dee's. Andy has a real gift for finding coins with outstanding eye appeal.
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No small accomplishment when one completes a MPL set..Congrats!!!!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
    Thank you WaterSport! You are one of my "mentors" here. I enjoy reading your posts. image
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely stunning.

What a blast putting it together, I'll bet.

bobimageimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done. Well done indeed....... mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Bob and Mark (AUandAG, Justacommeman)

Guys, Thanks very much for your nice comments and support!
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clicked on every photo,,,,

all VERY nice coins,,,,,

I like them.
    GrandAm :)
    GrandAm - Glad you took the time to look and that you liked what you saw. Thank you very kindly for your nice words too!

- David -
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great accomplishment and a set to be proud of!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations!
    I hope to someday complete my set; it is nice to see someone succeed!
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
    Originally posted by: MarkJude

Congratulations!

I hope to someday complete my set; it is nice to see someone succeed!

Thank you Mark! I just looked at your mattes and they are superb and very beautiful. I hope you find a nice VDB to finish your set but even if it doesn't happen for awhile, what you have is very fine and worthy as it stands now.

Originally posted by: DCW

Great accomplishment and a set to be proud of!

Thank you DCW for the kind words!