Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Unknown Cert Number

I am trying to register a coin I purchased from eBay. The other 19 (purchased at the same time) registered fine, so I suspect an error on the PCGS database. The message I am receiving is: "Unknown Cert Number." The coin was purchased from a very reputable dealer, so I don't suspect foul play or anything crooked. Has anyone ever encountered this before, and, if so, what is the quickest way to resolve? Thank you. PS: It is for a 2003-S Roosevelt 10C PR69DCAM.

Comments

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a photo of the coin/slab. Contact customer service on Monday. Hopefully it will be an easy non-issue to resolve.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image SamsDad!

Happens quite a bit, probably a previously private product program. image keyman contact PCGS Customer Service and I am certain that they can get you squared away.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had to do this a few times.

What people are saying is correct. Contact Customer Service and ask. Could be a dupe and someone else's coin is taking that slot.

I ended up having to send my coin in and they reslabbed it. I did get a voucher for 1 coin submission, but it, overall, wasn't worth it for my coin. Shipping costs killed it and my coin was only ~$30-$40 value.

If you are at a show, it may be best to do there, if they are slabbing coins at that show.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment