Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hawaiian registry collectors - check this out

I don't often post, and much less to beat my own drum, but I have a consignment with Heritage's FUN auction, which I thought would make a catalog listing, with photo.
It is a Hawaiian quarter in an old PCGS rattler, with a gold CAC bean - the details are as sharp as they come, and the rattler, with it's large flat, clear surface, is amazingly free of any scratches or distracting marks. A very nice addition for those who enjoy coins from the paradise state.
I had been very tempted to crack & resubmit it, but the rarity & condition of the old holder and the old label (along with the gold sticker) held me back. My Heritage rep also thought that it would fetch more 'as is', but a bump of a 1 or 2 points would do wonders for the value. Remember, this was graded when things were much different.

Here's the auction lot -
Don't you know that it's worth
every treasure on Earth
to be young at heart?
And as rich as you are,
it's much better by far,
to be young at heart!

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice quarter dollar!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    csanotescsanotes Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    Having owned this coin in the past, I find it slightly sobering and surprising that it hammered at auction for $50+ less than I sold it to a well known and respected dealer to on the forums. When I first saw this thread and knew it was the coin I owned, I expected the HA winner to have bid $800-$1k. I paid a premium over PCGS price guide when I bought it, but when I sold it I got all my $$ back, and was able to use the funds for the exact same coin in a rattler holder in MS64. Gold CAC stickers may make many here feel all warm and fuzzy, but until and unless you are willing to crack out a sizeable array of them and submit raw--it still to me seems the likes of unicorns and headless horsemen.

Chance favors the prepared mind.