Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1953 D Washington/Carver Can't Be Added To a Registry Set

I'm new to this place and to registry sets in general. Lately I've been building a set of Bookers and Carver/Washington's and today I tried to add a Carver, in an old green holder, but I get the message that the certification number isn't in the data base. Did I buy a lemon? The dealer is reputable and I think nothing untoward is going on in regards to the coin itself. Does anyone know who or how I can contact someone regarding this? Thanks in advance for any and all help........

Comments

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check this link for help. image

Members who receive an email requesting that he or she remove a coin from a set have 3 business days to update his or her set. For immediate service, email setregistry@collectors.com with images of the front and back of your coin.

Edited to add: I know this is not a coin in another members set that needs to be removed. Email OR call CS, you may have to send them the coin since they may have to create a new cert# and re-slab it or possibly a pic of the front and back might work image
  • Options
    Green18Green18 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info and link Cointime.

(Killer Washington B/C set) :>)
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be curious as to what they say the issue is.

Let us know.

Awesome P-38, btw. Love it!

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    Originally posted by: sparky64
    I'd be curious as to what they say the issue is.
    Let us know.

Awesome P-38, btw. Love it!

Thanks. image One of my fav warbirds.

Yup, I'll totally keep you guys posted.
  • Options
    Well, 'life' took hold for the last couple of days, so I haven't been able to keep you guys up to speed. I sent an email to the registry folks along with a few photos earlier today. Here's a shot of the subject coin.......

[URL=http://s852.photobucket.com/user/green18album/media/DSC_1630_zpshykharfy.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked the cert verification page - they have the cert number as -> 03130348

make sure you start with the zero.
  • Options
    Well heck dang, thank you Dave. I was entering the entire number into the registry. It always worked before and I never had any problems till now. Is this sort of thing (placing a zero before the #) common place on older holders? I've got a Texas commem that doesn't show up either. I'll have to try again when I get home in a few weeks. Thanks again Brother........:>)
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cert numbers always seem to be 8 digits

When I have a problem, I check the cert verification page for clues. Sometimes it is in a registry set already, sometimes there is a message to contact customer service, sometimes they say this is not a valid number.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too like your Fork Tailed Devil avatar image