Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1964 Pointed 9 Dime

Does PCGS grade the attribute 1964 pointed 9 variant dime?

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    They didn't used to. They might now, though. Does it have a CPG number?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    CGP number?

Is that just the numbers in the pcgs coin number list? If so, then I do not see it in there.image
  • Options
    Cherry Picker's Guide.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry - the pointed 9 is not in the CPG.

But still neat to find - espeically in cameo or deep cameo.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Just goes to show, CPG didn't get them all. Not to say it won't show up there in the future.
    After all, speculation is part of coin collecting, like it or not... image
    Dan
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have pics of both? image
  • Options
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Thank you image
  • Options
    Good Morning, I submitted 2 Pointed 9 Dimes under a minor designation (I thought no charge). Just got back with no designation. Although I paid the 18.00 on 2 1970-S/S 1c Large Date MS and a Small Date S/S MS and PCGS Labeled it MINOR VARIETY RPM with a V number. So I am thinking would PCGS do the same on the Pointed 9? Just need something to designate the Variety.

Ebay auction's- 391368744023 & 391368744023 & 391368866481

What do you think?

Rick
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, PCGS designates "pointed 9" on the holder as Minor Variety. I have the 64P & D MS in 66FB. I'm waiting for CPG to recognize it and give them an FS number. They're pretty easy to come by paying very little premium. PC also designates "blunt 9" for both dates too. I don't know why as it's either blunt or pointed. I don't consider the blunt as a variety. I also have the 64P & D MS in 66FB with the blunt listed on the holder just in case.
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    A blast from the past image
  • Options
    SUPER RARE 1964 Pointed 9 Roosevelt PCGS PR68 DEEP CAMEO ... (391389040855) Fresh back from PCGS YES PCGS IS NOW using a V # with the Pointed 9 on the slab.