Home Metal Detecting

Fifteen years on the forums

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
Click on the partying smileys to join the fun. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Anniversary LordM..... and thanks for the deal on the frog love token.... Cheers, RickO
  • Congratulations LordM!!!!!

Isn't it about time you write some more stories of new diggings!!!!!!!!You help keep this sight alive with your writings!!! Keep em coming!!! Rich
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats on the achievment wtg
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ROCKETMAN

Congratulations LordM!!!!!

Isn't it about time you write some more stories of new diggings!!!!!!!!You help keep this sight alive with your writings!!! Keep em coming!!! Rich

I suppose it's time I had some new diggings, before I can write about any. This year there haven't been but two outings.

My physical fitness, or lack thereof (weak knees, shortness of breath, morbid obesity) have made detecting a less-pursued activity for me since the 2013 England trip. Add to that the death of my Garrett 2500 in England (still haven't sent it off for resurrection), and I'm down to a Garrett 350 (which is a much more basic model but still functional... if I was.)

The best my two or three post-England outings has produced is just a few Wheaties, a bent up old Shriner's emblem (probably from a car grille), and an 80-100-year-old padlock (which is heavily encrusted and still in the pocket of my dig overalls- I need to clean it up.)

Fat, wheezy, and physically unfit as I am, I certainly do need to get out and put the coil to the soil again. Maybe when it cools off.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy 15th Anniversary!!
  • ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Belated congrats on 15 years!

With that out of the way: We crave fresh digger's diaries! image

I saw your attempt at formulating excuses for the lack of holes dug and suggesting there's hope things might change.
    Hmm.. The LM "there's always next year" will soon rival the Cubs if you keep it up! image

imageimage
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
    Fall is coming, and soon it won't be 8 billion degrees outside.

I promise to do at least one outing in the fall.

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    you mean one outing a week? :-)
    Lately I've been averaging one or two a year. image

Well, maybe one per season.

Would be nice to get back to one a week again, even if they were only short 30-60-minute outings. If I go for one of my all-day outings like I used to, I'm practically ruined for the rest of the week physically: joints... knees... back.

Ain't what I used to be, physically.

And I've downgraded the detector 'cause I still never sent my Garrett 2500 off to be fixed (have a Garrett 350 instead these days).

But I still HAVE a detector.

I haven't dug a silver coin since the 1641-43 Charles I penny I found in Little Bromley, Essex, UK, in November of 2013. And I've had maybe only a half-dozen outings since then.

Maybe if I got my first post-England silver back on this side of the pond (another nice early Merc dime would do), I'd get the juices flowing again.

A few common Wheats and a 100-year-old padlock are about the most interesting finds I've made since the England trip.

• luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    congrats