Home Metal Detecting
Options

metal detecting video

Hey guys,

On Christmas I uploaded a metal detecting video to YouTube.

Please check it out and tell your friends about it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT58Yq0kA6k

I want to get 1,000 views and I thought you guys could help me out!

Thanks!
Hi, My name is Andrew. I'm 12 years old and I love collecting old coins and bills, (mostly US money) I used to be a Coin Talk member, but now I have joined this forum.

I have been collecting for about 1 year now, (As of 1/24/2016)

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice video. As others have mentioned try saving up for one pf the garrett ace machines -250 of possible. That should help your finds going forward. Plus to help with getting permission for private property work on creating nice plugs when digging. Keep it up!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good video Andy.... they also make great records of hunts... especially if you find something really good. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll check it out when I'm on a WiFi connection that will actually let me watch video, which sadly isn't the case here.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I checked it out, now that I'm finally on a better connection. Looks good, with the subtitles and credits and all.

That nickel looked good, too- hardly looked like it had been buried at all. They usually turn brown in the ground, unless they're the silver 1942-45 "Wartime" nickels. That one must not have been buried for long. Maybe it was just under the leaves on the surface.

You did a great job putting the full-sized picture of the coin into the video, too. Too many people shoot detecting videos and don't bring the camera in close enough for the viewer to get a good look at they found!

Was the camera on your head, like a GoPro? Good action shots... good video... now get out there to a place where you can find some good older coins!

Oh- here's one of mine, from a couple years back. I'm afraid it's rather long, but it has a few good finds in it (and plenty of junk, too, of course.)

"Dirty Movie 02": Detecting in Old Town Brunswick

I made a few others, but I think that one might be my best. There are ten targets dug in the video.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.