Home Metal Detecting

Silver!!!

Lookout pcgs69 image I'm only 199 silver coins behind you for the year. I got a 64 Rosie today. Since the walnut season is now over I can get out a little more.

You will like my quarter ratio for todayimage

cents----4
nickels---3
dimes----1 silver
quarters-16

This was a concession stand hillside and practice football field. I can't tell you how many times I've detected here and never found a silver coin, gold ring, but no silver. Anyway it was about 2 inches down. Made my day.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations..... nice to find silver quarters.... hope your walnut season was a big

success.... Cheers, RickO
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats on the silver dime PPC! You still got 4 or 5 weeks to catch up!

The only thing that beats seeing silver in the hole, is seeing gold. Hope your weather holds up and you can keep getting out. Plus you can't beat that quarter ratio!
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver strikes again. A 57-D Rosie showed up on a middle school playground. Now I'm only 198 behind you for the year. After getting skunked for the year now 2 days in a row. My take for that playground 1-dollar coin, 18 quarters, 17 dimes, 19 nickels and 32 pennies. I ran out of daylight there so will have to wait for another weekend. Walnut season netted 20,775 pounds. My finger nails are now starting to grow back.
    Wow...20,775 lbs. of walnuts....got any pet squirrels...image Cheers, RickO
    The squirrels do not like me. image
    Hot damn PPC! Nice coin totals, silver, boatload of walnuts... you're having a good November!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTG, PPC!

You might be 198 silver coins behind pcgs69, but you're two ahead of me! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    I have a bounty of squirrels around here... and there are a couple of walnut trees...not

sure where, but lately I have seen several squirrels running with a walnut in their mouth.

Cheers, RickO
    197 now to tie PCGS unless he got out today. I had an $11+ day on Wednesday then in rained all day on Thursday and Friday. Drizzle mist and cold today so I put a Walmart bag over the machine and tried it for a bit. The first coin was a 1943 Mercury dime and sometime later found a 44-D & P wheat cents . Only 74 cents total but I'll take the silver today. Wore a pare of latex gloves over brown jersey gloves to keep my hands warm. Hadn't tried that before but it sure works.
    Congrats PPC! a little silver, couple wheats, and a good clad day. Good day all the way around for you.

I had to anticipate you finding more silver this year, so I frantically searched for more silver and wheats today. Will throw up a post later.

Keep it up!
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Nice score on the silver image. I'm still looking for my first silver coin, ever. Bound to break the donut eventually.
    The silver race continues.... Hope the weather holds up for December... Cheers, RickO
    I hit another High School football grassy concession area today. $7.68 was my take and another SILVER. A 1943-S war nickel. That's 4 silvers since November and only my second war nickel ever. All of these silvers have come in areas that I have been hitting for the last 20 years and never found a silver there. We've had up to 5 inches of rain since the middle of November and the ground is very moist. Everything is ringing loud. only 196 to catch pcgs69 unless he found some more this weekend.
    Hey PPC, congrats on the silver streak! Funny how sites can produce surprising finds like that
    Got out by a girls softball field today for 3 hrs. $10.57 and maybe a silver ring but it's not marked. The temp was 58 degrees here today. I've been wearing latex exam gloves and it sure keeps your hands clean and stops your hands from getting cracks.
    If you can snag a pic of the ring and text it to me, I'll try posting it for you. That's crazy it was 58 in your neck of the woods today! In colder weather I've been trying a pair of gloves from the dollar store in grassy areas. Worked okay so far. Will check out exam gloves instead (have been wearing exam gloves and put some work-like gloves on top at the Silver Beach).
    When it's cold you can wear a pair of brown jersey gloves and put an XL pair of exam gloves over them. Keeps those fingers warm and dry. image
    OK... curious ... what are 'exam gloves'?? Cheers, RickO
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Cool, or at this time of year.....cold :c)
    Originally posted by: ricko

OK... curious ... what are 'exam gloves'?? Cheers, RickO

they're the type of gloves your doctor puts on when you... turn and cough image
    Oh... OK.... just never heard them called that....thanks, Cheers, RickO