Home Metal Detecting
Options

Holy Crap, how do you turn down the volume?

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
Got the TDI SL today and wanted to use the same headphones that I use for the CTX. GOOD LORDMARCOVAN it's loud. Like not a small annoyance loud, it's hearing damage loud through the headphones.

Is there actually a secret to adjusting the headphone volume?

My buddy has an ACE 250 where I believe there's a volume button on the headphone wire itself. Do I need to get another set of headphones that have this function?

Seems like a good machine, but a lot of learning to do. Hopefully this weekend is a quick learning curve because it's real hunting!

Guess I can always try without headphones to start?

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You called? image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    No volume setting on the detector? That sounds a bit odd. Usually you'd expect to want to be able to adjust the volume (have it set higher without headphones, and quite low with headphones).

With the GPX I have the volume almost on the lowest setting with headphones, otherwise it just blows your ears out.

Unless you uncover some secret how to do this, perhaps wearing earplugs under the headphones is a quick fix for the first weekend, or (if less dampening is needed) something like cutting an old sock in half and stuffing it in there for damping....

There are volume controls that you can add onto the headphone wire, or worst case (as you say) you could get new headphones that have volume control
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased my TDI with headphones (wireless) and have not had a volume problem.

Zot's suggestion should work temporarily.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
    My buddy was generous enough to let me borrow his headphones for the weekend. Tested them out and the volume adjust on the wire is the key. A new headset is in my future.

Fingers crossed, inaugural run of the tdi sl is in about 5 hours (11am eastern). I'm sure my thread post will show something like Dec 13th 2014 at 3:30 am. Hope they fix that sometime!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us know how it goes.... and you can fix the time in your profile.... go to what it now

says, change it and hit update...then go back and change it to your timezone and hit update again.... you will be ok... Cheers, RickO