Home U.S. Coin Forum

Smart phone users, coins and a question

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
So, only once that I can remember many years ago did I buy a coin online and the package arrives with no coin. Contact seller.... yada yada I am out the coin. 30 bucks no big deal...

How many of you video your self (with a smart phone) opening packages that come from sellers you do not know? Or will it still be just a yada yada your word against theirs?

Comments

• DavideoDavideo Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭
    I've always wondered the effectiveness of this. Unless it was sent using paper tape it again just becomes your word against the sellers regarding if the package was resealed after it was previously opened.

Edit: Actually you could have just applied new paper tape, so you still can't prove anything.
  • mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What will a video prove?

You opened an empty envelope? Or that you opened an envelope that was razored open, coin removed, and then video'd being opened?

Game goes the same way the other way.

Who are you going to send the video to? Paypal and ebay don't want them.
  • CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google videos of "eBay scam" and you'll see lots of people doing it and their reactions to nothing in the box or a cellphone case expecting an iPhone etc. They must do it for every package just in case something like that hapens
    The more you VAM..
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sending a coin I sold I could do it at the PO and hand to the clerk. This might be worth doing...It would prove I put it in the envelope and handed to the clerk and was "accepted"
  • GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not worth the trouble, and certainly not practical for those who receive many packages.
  • GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: thebigeng
    Sending a coin I sold I could do it at the PO and hand to the clerk. This might be worth doing...It would prove I put it in the envelope and handed to the clerk and was "accepted"

You could also have them scan it and save the receipt : )
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received an empty package once...a gold Saint should have been inside.... (I recounted this on here many years ago). However, the seller had mailed several that day, and no one received their coins... he replaced it with another Saint of comparable value... and worked with his local post office to nail the thief. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file