Home U.S. Coin Forum

What do you make of these two Sesqui TrueViews

shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
The top Trueview was a 64, the bottom an upgrade to 65. What is strange is the scuffy appearance of Washingtons cheek in the newer image. Maybe just the lighting angle?

Beautiful Sesquicentennial

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes see this "possible lighting artifacts" on the check of Columbus as well including my own coins.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same sort of appearance over George's ponytail.

Nice toning!
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are the same coin, and lighting does play a MAJOR factor in imagery.

Looks like ole' George is blushing.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I bought the coin using the top image and received a coin looking like the bottom image, I'd be unhappy. But if I bought the coin using the bottom image and received a coin looking like to top image, I'd be happy.

The difference in lighting sure makes a difference!
    Mark

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...if that is a lighting effect, it sure makes it look bad.... Cheers, RickO
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interim fingerprint toning at cheek? I agree same coin, but question if it is just lighting.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You wouldn't think a little extra toning like that would be worth a grade bump of 1 point......... image

To me, it looks like mostly lighting artifact, but the coin could have continued to "mature" a bit between photos. When you get it back and can see it in-hand, you'll know immediately.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file