Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anybody Have Any Info./Background on the Hamilton Collection Being Auctioned Off by Heritage at the

msch1manmsch1man Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭
I was perusing the upcoming lots tonight at the ANA Heritage auction next month and it seemed like most of the lots I was interested in enough to 'watch' had the 'From the Hamilton Collection' tagline. Looks like this sale includes 268 lots from the "Hamilton Collection" consisting mostly of Bust Halves, with some Bust Quarters and Dollars mixed in as well. As a whole, this collection looks to be made up of well above average for the grade pieces. Anybody have any info. or background on the collection?

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here is what Sheridan Downey wrote:

Many clients have wondered about the “Hamilton Collection,” to be sold by Heritage during the ANA Convention. George H. Hamilton lived in a suburb of Chicago and was one of my favorite customers from the late 1980’s until shortly after my sale of Gehring Prouty’s coins at the 2000 ANA Convention in Philadelphia. Health issues began to plague him about then. He passed away in 2004. His wife, Helen, died last year. George loved early bust coinage. He was not much interested in die varieties. He focused on dates and “eyeball” Red Book varieties. In time he developed a good eye, regularly picking off attractive offerings in my mail bid and fixed price offerings. If you cannot make it to Anaheim I will be happy to preview, consult and bid for you on any lots in the Heritage auction. George’s coins, purchased in the infant and adolescent days of PCGS and NGC, especially deserve on-site inspection.

Read more at http://www.sheridanscoins.com/inc_News.php

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file